Senior Data Management Change Analyst
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will be leading Change Management activities within the Information Management data team. You will be working with stakeholders from across the global Operations team as well as the wider organisation on new data requirements, which range from smaller requests or system changes, to sourcing new data, or being part of a large project team as a lead from the data team. The role as a senior analyst acts as a liaison between the business and IT organisations in order to provide clear, concise requirements for the Technology team to work on, and providing input into technical solutions that meet complex user needs. You will participate in driving issue resolution, testing, supporting the implementation process and developing all required procedures to embed the process in the relevant BAU team. Combining your knowledge of data management principles and utilising change management skills, the role provides an opportunity to lead on a broad range of data related changes for the business. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address the requirements. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks, through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements. Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
- Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the Technology organization and manage all changes to the source documents. Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables. Assist with the development of the testing strategy plan.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project. Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most efficient and effective solutions to the business partners. Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project. Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Leverage technical knowledge and business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture. Prepare estimates of Business System Analyst work efforts for assigned projects.
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation. Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and Online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization. Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques. Use experience and knowledge to proactively mentor other analysts within the team.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Strong years of demonstrable experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Data orientated mind set with a excellent understanding of controls and risk mitigation.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and risks as well as the Technology organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage the test life cycle, ensuring user requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned with solution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, JIRA, AWS, SQL, BlackRock Aladdin, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry (e.g. broker-dealer, asset management, insurance, etc.).