Assistant Manager - Fund Accounting
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The jobholder will be involved in operational fund accounting activities, the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting of new project initiatives and the effective management of ad hoc queries. Cross product training and providing coverage product ranges at both sign off and outside of sign off will also form part of the candidate's role.
"The operational backbone of Fidelity Worldwide Investments" - Servicing the needs of our customers, such as Trading and Portfolio Management, and maintaining close relationships with external Auditors and Custodians on a daily basis. Always acting in the best interest of our investors, and, in so doing, create wealth for our investors and opportunities and rewards for our employees
"The Team" - Around 220 people strong spread across various teams in the UK, Luxembourg, Ireland and Hong Kong. This combination means there is an exciting array of skills and nationalities across all levels, making everyday work interesting and rewarding
"The Challenges" - Responsible for processing corporate actions, pricing securities, settling trades, publishing holdings and maintaining static data for all Fidelity Worldwide Investment funds; alongside fund accounting and reconciliation of all pooled funds in the UK and Luxembourg. In addition, the department calculates the Net Asset Values for funds worth in excess of $200 billion every day; all of this creates a fast paced and ever changing environment
"The Spirit" - A busy, friendly and supportive working environment is the foundation of all success and growth. This is exactly what you will find within ISFA. Sound values are woven into the very fabric of our organisation, hence the long term customer trust, success and stability of the company
"The Opportunities" - We can offer plenty of opportunity and career growth within each of our departments. For example we introduced a concept called "iAcademy", unique to Fidelity, where you work with colleagues across all departments within ISFA in cross-functional training and knowledge transfer
Purpose of your role
- Fund Accounting is responsible for maintaining the books and records of a broad range of funds which includes OEICs, Investment Trusts and other closed end companies; Authorised Unit Trusts; money funds; life company funds and benchmark specific unitised funds. The department completes all the Regulatory Reporting on these funds as well as signing off the daily NAVs and explaining all security and other asset movements in the funds. The Fund Accounting function is split into two teams; the Product Control team and the Reporting team.
- Fund Accounting Product Control are responsible for the daily valuation of all products and instruments held on the Onshore funds and for ensuring that all information relating to the Report & Accounts is accurately reflected on the Invest One, the accounting system.
- The jobholder will be involved in operational fund accounting activities, the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting of new project initiatives and the effective management of ad hoc queries.
- Cross product training and providing coverage product ranges at both sign off and outside of sign off will also form part of the candidate's role.
- Regular assessment/enhancement of controls and procedures to ensure scalability
- Provision of support to both noon and evening sign off process
- Processing income distributions, income accruals and reinvestments
- Analysis to determine correct treatment of special dividends
- Analysis, processing and review of income adjustments for scrip dividend receipts
- Control and oversight of expense schedules
- Review of expenses for payment
- Testing of both on and off system facilities prior to implementation of new products
- Awareness of market issues and how they relate to the products under management
- Management reporting
- Participating and assisting in training other members of staff
- Strong customer focus, TCF
- Project input at a technical level for Fund Accounting initiatives
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders
- Preparation of income forecasts and liaison with PMs regarding distribution rates
Experience and Qualifications Required
The candidate should be a good communicator with a can do attitude. They have a flexible approach, they are self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Good analytical skills, accurate and numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Office applications, particularly Excel
- Strong fixed income and derivative knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible attitude and approach to duties
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
Desirable but not essential
- Invest One accounting system exposure
Key Competencies for the role
- Communicate with impact: Effectiveness & Clarity
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Accuracy
- Planning and Organisation: Prioritisation & time management
- Problem Analysis
- Stakeholder/Customer Management