- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The jobholder will be involved in the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting new project initiatives, technical accounting for derivative and fixed income instruments and also the effective management of ad hoc queries.
Purpose of your role
- Fund Accounting is responsible for maintaining the books and records of a broad range of funds which includes OEICs, Investment Trusts and other closed end companies; Authorised Unit Trusts; money funds; life company funds and benchmark specific unitised funds. The department completes all the Regulatory Reporting on these funds as well as signing off the daily NAVs and explaining all security and other asset movements in the funds. The Fund Accounting function is split into two teams; the Product Control team and the Reporting team.
- Fund Accounting Product Control are responsible for the daily valuation of all products and instruments held on the Onshore funds and for ensuring that all information relating to the Report & Accounts is accurately reflected on the Invest One, the accounting system.
- The jobholder will be involved in the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting new project initiatives, technical accounting for derivative and fixed income instruments and also the effective management of ad hoc queries.
- Participation in the NAV sign off process/accurate calculation and checking of daily NAVs
- Perform monthly expense reconciliations and prepare expense schedules as part of interim and year end accounts process
- Documentation and processing of daily controls
- Analysis to determine correct treatment of special dividends
- Analysis, processing and review of income adjustments for scrip dividend receipts
- Preparation of ad-hoc fund payment instructions
- Development, implementation and documentation of procedures
- Assist in fund launches and closures
- Testing of both on and off system facilities prior to implementation of new products
- Support all projects in respect of fixed income and derivative instruments
- Project input at a technical level for fund accounting initiatives
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications Required
- The candidate should be a good communicator with a can do attitude. They have a flexible approach, they are self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Good analytical skills, accurate and numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Office applications, particularly Excel
- Financial Services experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible attitude and approach to duties
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
Desirable but not essential:
- Fixed income and derivative knowledge
- OEIC NAV calculation experience
- Invest One accounting system exposure
Key Competencies for the role
- Communicate with impact: Effectiveness & Clarity
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Accuracy
- Planning and Organisation: Prioritisation & time management
- Problem Analysis
- Stakeholder/Customer Management