- Tadworth, England, United Kingdom Tadworth England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 23 Aug 18 2018-08-23
The jobholder will also be involved in the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting of new project initiatives and also the effective management of ad hoc queries.
Purpose of your role
- Fund Accounting is responsible for maintaining the books and records of a broad range of funds which includes OEICs, Investment Trusts and other closed end companies; Authorised Unit Trusts; money funds; life company funds and benchmark specific unitised funds. The department completes all the Regulatory Reporting on these funds as well as signing off the daily NAVs and explaining all security and other asset movements in the funds. The Fund Accounting function is split into two teams; the Product Control team and the Reporting team.
- Fund Accounting Product Control are responsible for the daily valuation of all products and instruments held on the Onshore funds and for ensuring that all information relating to the Report & Accounts is accurately reflected on the Invest One, the accounting system.
- The jobholder will also be involved in the team's regulatory reporting requirements, supporting of new project initiatives and also the effective management of ad hoc queries.
- Responsible for team deliverables, ensuring BAU tasks are completed to deadline
- Complete year end deliverables ensuring Invest 1 accurately reflects correct income and expense positions
- Complete effective monitoring of expenses processes, ensuring monthly reviews take place to validate payments and accrual levels.
- Effective monitoring, forecasting and processing of income
- Calculate the daily rebates attributable to fund of fund OEICs.
- Monitor the cash positions across the Institutional Segregated funds
- Monitor underlying accumulations and post where necessary to reflect the income
- Payment of various expense types from the funds to third parties and the management company
- Monitor the dividend diary for new holdings and expected distributions
- Development, implementation and documentation of procedures
- Assist in fund launches, providing technical input to the business as required
- Assist in projects and process improvements with a view to increased automation and reduction of EUC's.
- Provide cover to the NAV sign off process
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications Required
The candidate should be a good communicator with a can do attitude. They have a flexible approach, they are self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Good analytical skills, accurate and numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible attitude and approach to duties
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
Desirable but not essential:
- OEIC NAV calculation experience
- Invest One accounting system exposure
- Financial Services experience
- Fund accounting experience
Key Competencies for the role
- Communicate with impact: Effectiveness & Clarity
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Accuracy
- Planning and Organisation: Prioritisation & time management
- Problem Analysis
- Stakeholder/Customer Management