Working closely with the Head of HR, Corporate Enablers and Senior HR Business Partners, Corporate Enablers, you will provide the full range of HR Business Partner support to teams within CPO (Chief People Office), which includes Human Resources and Communications and CFO (Chief Finance Office).
The Chief People Office (CPO) department supports the business to ensure the effective management and development of the talent in our organisation, and the effective communication strategy for all our business and regions. It involves having oversight of all aspects of human capital management and corporate affairs which includes a number of areas of expertise working together collaboratively - talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and organisation development, HR Business Partnering (HRBP), Corp. Comms and Editorial.
The Human Resources department supports the business to ensure the effective management and development of the talent in our organisation. It involves having oversight of all aspects of human capital management, which includes a number of areas of expertise working together collaboratively - talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and organisation development.
- Work with the Employee Engagement team on several communication activities including the Recognition Awards (supplementing centralised comms when required); the annual communications plan; assist on the preparation, communication and updates to the management team for the annual Your Voice survey and track outputs and activities
- Take the lead in working with CPO and CFO leaders to develop plans to address Your Voice output in a measurable and sustainable way
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Work with Talent Acquisition team globally and participate in recruitment and selection processes to ensure experienced and skilled talents are brought into CPO and CFO
- Support business managers in the induction and on-boarding of new staff, focusing on assisting new staff members in engaging with the Fidelity culture and understand management practices key to successful delivery
- Work with line managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees.
- Facilitate annualised talent data gathering exercises with CPO and CFO stakeholders and support the Senior HR Business Partners in this exercise
Learning & Development
- Work with the Talent team and the Senior HR Business Partners to support the collation and assessment of specific training and development requirements for CPO and CFO
- Partner with managers to deploy talent development or learning initiatives across CPO and CFO, where much of the activity can be piloted given the nature of our teams
- Work with the Talent team in rolling out various internal/external trainings for the business where required
- Manage employee relations issues, engaging with managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate. Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals
- Coach and build capability of managers to handle situations with skill rather than managing the issues for them
- Support the resolution of employee relations matters e.g. Involuntary termination, Redundancy, Performance Improvement Plan, Disciplinary Meetings.
Performance Management & Reward
- In conjunction with the Reward team, undertake market reviews of compensation and work with the business to ensure an efficient management of the end of year compensation review process is conducted for CPO and CFO. Advise and support department managers in relation to their recommendations, maintaining objectivity and fairness at all times and ensuring accuracy of data throughout process. Assist in communicating key steps of the process and updates to the management teams.
- Undertake proactive bespoke compensation initiatives, in collaboration with the Reward team, to ensure that compensation remains competitive and retains key talent.
- Coach managers to manage performance on an ongoing basis and to have honest, open performance conversations with a focus on constructive and transparent communication between employee ad manager.
- Support with programmatic change, when and where appropriate, including the Foundations Programme and activities related to our Diversity & Inclusion agenda
- As required, work with the Senior HR Business Partners to support the annual and monthly budget tracking process, as well as other ad hoc projects and activities
- Participate as an active member of the HR business partner community to identify and share best practice, which in turn will drive continuous improvement
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Ability to work with others, both as colleagues but also as internal clients.
- Proven experience in navigating and building strong relationships and credibility at all levels across regions and functions with managers and senior leaders.
- The ability to inspire confidence in others based on integrity, objectivity and fairness is key
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse and challenging client group.
- Highly collegiate, ability to work well with colleagues across the range of centres of expertise, sharing ideas and building on best practice, with proven ability to leverage their domain experience and capabilities.
- Naturally curious with a drive to look externally into the market and understand the latest thinking within the human capital management arena.
- Demonstrable experience of working on the full range of HR issues, including employee relations is preferable
- A strong track record in HR advisory roles is desirable
- Can-do attitude, experience of working on own initiative within a changing and high-pressured environment; commitment to high standards of excellence, demonstrating a drive to succeed in a changing environment
- Experience of working in a customer focussed, dynamic, commercially driven environment: preferably Financial Services
- Experience of providing feedback to stakeholders, across different levels and a desire to learn about and use feedback tools such as the Fidelity Leadership Profile 360 feedback tool and Hogan is useful