IT Audit Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The role of the IT Audit Manager is to deliver technology focused audit assignments as part of a wider team, to verify applications (including their development and support) and infrastructure are effectively controlled and that risks are mitigated. You will be required to participate in the planning and execution of audit assignments in line with the FIL audit methodology, producing findings and draft reports for presentation to Senior Management.
Title: IT Audit Manager - Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Location: Kingswood, Surrey UK
Reports To: Associate Director - Internal Audit
Internal Audit is an independent Group function that reports directly to a Senior Advisor who holds a non-executive role and to the Group Audit and Risk Committee. Our mandate is to examine and critically evaluate the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls and governance systems, as well as the adequacy of, and compliance with, regulatory obligations, internal strategies, policies, processes and reporting procedures. In addition, we help management and the Board to fulfil their oversight responsibilities through effective challenge to help them identify, assess and commercially manage the Company's risk.
Using a risk based methodology; our annual audit plan is developed in consultation with FIL management to include audits of specific business areas as well as thematic and emerging risks through participation in new initiatives and systems developments.
Internal Audit staff have extensive experience in assurance functions and/or various FIL business units and relevant professional qualifications.
The Internal Audit team is based in the UK, Luxembourg, Germany, India, Hong Kong, and Japan.
Purpose of your role
The role of the IT Audit Manager is to deliver technology focused audit assignments as part of a wider team, to verify applications (including their development and support) and infrastructure are effectively controlled and that risks are mitigated. You will be required to participate in the planning and execution of audit assignments in line with the FIL audit methodology, producing findings and draft reports for presentation to Senior Management. The role will report to an Associate Director in the UK and may involve an element of travel between the UK offices and also to overseas offices.
There are currently four IT audit roles in the team, one each in Hong Kong and Luxembourg and two in the UK, but this team is growing. This is a great opportunity to build your career with FIL as the work carried out in Internal Audit provides experience of all areas of the organisation and exposure to senior management whilst allowing you to be seen to help improve controls over key risks in the business. The audit team is small and hence you may work alone, under the direction of the audit lead or in small groups auditing a specific area of technology delivering the audit from scope to final report. It is a key objective of FIL Internal Audit to undertake more audits on an integrated basis i.e. to audit technology based controls and IT general controls alongside business processes.
- Work under the guidance of the Audit Lead to execute planned audits, including preparation of audit scope coverage, fieldwork and testing within the given timeframe.
- Document audit testing using best practices and form conclusions based on the outcome of the testing, including the identification of areas in need of improvement and assisting Technology in the development of an action plan.
- Keeping Internal Audit and functional management fully informed of the progress of all assignments and following-up issues to ensure that all agreed improvements have been actioned.
- Assist in the drafting of audit reports, engaging with stakeholders for the validation and timely closure of audit findings.
- Working alongside business auditors to deliver 'integrated' audits including examining application control functionality.
- Working within cross-functional teams on longer term projects, such as new initiatives, systems developments and product launches.
- Involvement in ad hoc reviews and investigations.
- Contributing to the development of processes and procedures within Internal Audit.
- Assisting with Internal Audit data analytics.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the audit universe.
- Continuously develop your own technical, commercial and personal skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- IT professional or IT auditing experience
- Experience of systems development and/or delivery projects.
- An IT Audit, Internal Audit, Accountancy or IT qualification/accreditation or to be studying for one.
- Good Internet/Web, E-Commerce and Cyber-crime awareness and knowledge.
- Experience of auditing one or more of: operating systems, databases, networks, applications and cloud services.
- The ability to use one or more data analytics tools and/or an interest in programming.
Key Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Knowledge of risks and controls associated with products across asset management
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence senior stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Delivery focus with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to respond effectively to changing business needs
- Interest in emerging and evolving technologies.