Lead Senior Business Analyst - Workplace Investing
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The Lead Senior Business Analyst plays a key role in delivering technology solutions throughout the whole portfolio. They have business analysis oversight of all projects within the portfolio ensuring consistency across project approach and alignment to the goals of the team.
The Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity business globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions.
Purpose of your role
The Lead Senior Business Analyst plays a key role in delivering technology solutions throughout the whole portfolio. They have business analysis oversight of all projects within the portfolio ensuring consistency across project approach and alignment to the goals of the team. They will be a key individual in defining and driving forward the large programme of strategic work over the coming years. They will ensure all solutions developed are completed with a horizontal view, minimising overlapping of effort, maximising cross pollination of ideas and identify key risks and issues across the portfolio and escalate when required.
The successful candidate will manage the resource allocation of business analysts across the portfolio. They will also have line management responsibility of the permanent UK based analysts, functional management of the UK contractor analysts and matrix management to the India based analysts. They will ensure best practice of analysis, support training and coaching of all analysts and drive the agile ways of working with in the team.
The successful candidate needs to be personable, articulate and able to rapidly form relationships with senior business stakeholders as you will work closely with business representatives and the technology team to define a mutually agreed set of project requirements and solutions. You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders displaying a high degree of emotional intelligence as well as having strong facilitation skills to help take initiatives forward.
The successful candidate can prepare professional documentation in order to capture user stories, acceptance criteria and context information. You should have the ability to interpret complex business issues and understand the associated technical implications. You will ensure the core strategic business goals are understood and will help shape large, high risk and complex initiatives. You will work collaboratively with solution architects, UX designers, product owners and the delivery teams in order to ensure that solutions address the requirements of the business.
The successful candidate must have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, behaviour driven development (BDD) as well as business analysis tools and techniques. You will have experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban, and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
Your key accountabilities
- Business analysis oversight of all projects within the portfolio
- Resource allocation of analysts on the portfolio's projects
- Training and coaching of all analysts in the team
- Ensuring long term vision of the team, cross training and removal of SPoF.
- Line management of the UK permanent analysts
- Driving agile ways of working in the team
- Lead analysis on Workplace Investing Strategy review programme; redesigning the workplace investing proposition and the technology that supports this.
- Kick off new projects planning and estimating the analysis stream, calling out resources required and dependencies.
- Lead the detailed analysis identifying key requirements, new functional and non-functional requirements
- The role encompasses leading and guiding other analysts on a project and allocating the required analyst tasks
- Provide conceptual solutions to often complicated business problems / needs and make recommendations for preferred solutions, with consideration of associated risks, cost and timescales
- Lead requirements gathering and solutions through workshop facilitation and stakeholder engagement
- Undertake detailed data flow analysis
- To write effective user stories that detail changes to the product/solution
- Work with the project team to write test scenarios using BDD.
- To work with development and testing teams on the build and release of the product
- To ensure that regulatory criteria is met through the design process
- Work with senior management to facilitate the sign off / agreement of solutions and recommendations via presentations/demos and workshops/meetings
- Take ownership of traceability of analysis through development, testing etc.
- Liaise with the business and external stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables risks and issues
Your skills and experience
- Experience of managing a analyst team including resourcing and work allocation
- Experience of leading and coaching analysts
- Experience of working on large strategic or transformation programmes of work
- Successfully operated as a hands on business analyst working as the sole or lead analyst on the project
- Experience working as an analyst with in a technology delivery team
- Experience of eliciting requirements from senior management using workshops, interviewing, etc.
- Requirements analysis using structured techniques (Use Cases, Design Thinking etc.)
- Strong logical and physical data analysis skills
- Worked with architects and developers to design a solution that best meets our customers' needs
- End to end development using agile techniques (Scrum, Kanban)
- Business process analysis and modelling and proficient in using them to communicate with business and technology
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience presenting
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Experience of delivering change using an offshore model
- Able to work to tight deadlines, and manage several tasks concurrently
- An understanding of the pensions/workplace investing industry (domestic and global)
- Asset Management Experience
- XML and SQL skills are desirable but not mandatory