Manager - Stock Plan Services
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The role holder will be responsible for creation/definition and the implementation of the Operating Model, Technical & Business Requirements, Processes and Procedures required to support the launch of our Stock plan Services proposition within Brokerage.
Fidelity's UK Retail & DC business manages or administers £70bn of customers' assets. The business supports the investment needs of more than one million UK customers across four channels: Personal Investing; Retail Funds; FundsNetwork and DC & Workplace. Already a leading provider in the mutual funds, advised platform, direct-to-consumer and DC pensions markets, the business has ambitious growth plans. By combining its distribution strengths with the investment expertise of the Fidelity group, the business is ideally positioned to fulfil its goal of becoming a leading UK provider of retirement solutions.
The Brokerage Operations Team is responsible for all asset servicing and administration associated with the support of all brokerage asset classes held within the Fidelity's Retail Investment Platform. Functional responsibilities are split into two areas; 1) Trade Operations; will support all trade & settlement related activities, and 2) Corporate Actions; which will support the processing of all corporate events, including dividends, across all assets held by clients of Fidelity's Retail Investment Platform. The range of assets supported on the Investment Platform will expose the team to the full spectrum of Trading, Settlement, and Corporate Action activities encountered across the major world's stock markets.
The team will liaise on a daily basis with market suppliers and information vendors, monitoring trading and settlement activity and dealing with exceptions, and researching, analysing and verifying corporate action information. There is a strong emphasis on liaison with the many areas within the wider Retail Operations Team; working collaboratively to resolve mutual issues.
The team is responsible for processing all trading activity, corporate action and dividend entitlements to the individual client accounts on an accurate and timely basis. The team works to tight deadlines to ensure all processing is completed in line with client expectations and market cut off points. The team operates in a fast developing and dynamic environment, where technology has and is being developed to automate current workflow processes.
Purpose of your role
This is a Manager role within UK Retail Operations. The role holder will be responsible for creation/definition and the implementation of the Operating Model, Technical & Business Requirements, Processes and Procedures required to support the launch of our Stock plan Services proposition within Brokerage. The individual will work with the Brokerage Operations team and the business to ensure all operational readiness activities are completed including co-ordinating testing the new platform and training to end users ahead of launch and providing initial support post launch.
- Definition and Implementation of the Operating Model to support the Proposition.
- Definition and ownership of process flows and procedures required to underpin the Operating Model.
- Solution design and sign off of all Business Solution Documents (BSDs)
- Definition and ongoing ownership of all operational controls required to ensure the business has adequate controls in place to alleviate avoidable risks and errors.
- Support for the Director, UK Retail Operations, AD Brokerage Operations and Project Manager with any additional project related activities.
- Manage the change agenda for Stock plan services activity in collaboration with AD Brokerage Operations and represent the Department in Change Priority meetings.
- Design appropriate measures, SLA, KPI & KRI's and subsequent reports to support Stock plan.
- UK & International Travel as required
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven Operations experience
- Experience of working with Retail Clients is desirable
- Working knowledge of the following asset classes; Equity/Fixed Income/ETF/Investment Trusts.
- Ability to build business & commercial cases
- Computer literate with strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook skills.
- Self-starter with a dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen.
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work effectively during pressure periods prioritising multiple tasks.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels
- Good team worker sharing knowledge effectively and showing a flexible work approach
- Experience of participating in projects and procedural enhancements
- Ability to "think on your feet" and develop innovative and effective solutions to problems
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Effective delegation
- Problem Analysis
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements
- Stakeholder/Customer Management
- Influencing and Negotiation