Pensions Risk Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Purpose of your role Provide risk support to the Workplace Investing pension business with an initial focus on Workplace Investing strategy, infrastructure enhancements and Stock Plan Services developments and activities. The role will work closely with the Global Risk team, other Oversight functions, Policy and Business areas, and will be required to work across the matrix of functions that support the UK business, across all its locations.
Title: Risk Manager, Pensions and Stockplan Services
Department: UK Risk
Location: Kingswood, UK
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer, UK
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Global Risk Team:
The Risk team in Fidelity covers the management oversight of Fidelity's risk profile including key risk frameworks, policies and procedures and oversight and challenge processes. The team partner with the businesses to ensure Fidelity manages its risk profile within defined risk appetite.
UK Risk Team:
The UK Risk team contributes to the development of Fidelity International's business and to the protection of its clients, end-investors and business interests. The team provides proactive and high quality risk support and oversight to the UK business which includes the provision of risk solutions, training and education, challenge, assurance and reporting of risk.
- Be an effective risk partner to the designated business and coordinate all risk activities, with particular focus on Pensions strategy and Stock Plan Services. Provide risk insight and help the business to fully understand their risk profile
- Assess risk management in change projects, liaising with technical teams and providing oversight at governance committees and working groups as required. Support the business in prioritisation decisions.
- Drive the business to develop and maintain a proactive and open risk culture
- Proactively challenge existing practices and recommend risk solutions carried out on behalf of the UK legal entities, in consideration of good customer journeys and outcomes
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks to the UK Business and the Boards. Lead risk assessment and scenario planning exercises and ensure that these are carried out on a regular basis, are insightful, forward-looking and actionable
- Embed Group-wide risk management frameworks and systems within the business. Drive continuous improvement and excellence
- Establish good working relationships with the Risk team and other oversight functions.
- Provide leadership when major incident and events occur and ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned
- Provide risk management training and education to increase risk awareness in the business
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business that current processes are operating as intended and in line with risk appetite. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified recommend mitigation actions
- Stakeholder management at all levels across the organisation including senior management; continuously improve risk monitoring and reporting to key stakeholders and committees
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Wide and proven experience operating within a management role within the Pensions Industry; expertise in Stock Plan Services/Employee Share Plans helpful
- Proven risk expertise including framework development and implementation
- Hands-on mentality
- Excellent at providing innovative ideas and comfortable working under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Can work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- University degree in Business Management, Finance or similar