Reconciliation and Control Associate - 6 Months FTC
- Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 14 Feb 19
You would be responsible for daily reconciliation of some of Fidelity's trading and distributions bank accounts and associated ledgers, as well as assisting the team with manual payment verification, query resolutions, FX confirmations, and Audit requirements amongst other tasks.
Title: Reconciliation and Control Associate
Department: UK Reconciliations
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at www.fidelityrecruitment.com/europe/about-us
The UK reconciliation team forms part of the wider Banking Reconciliation & Control (BRC) group. The department is accountable for a wide range of tasks, including;
- The maintenance and reconciliation of many of Fidelity's Offshore and Onshore bank accounts and ledgers (safeguarding both company and client assets, mindful of CASS regulations).
- Daily/monthly sign offs, for our External and Internal recs.
- FX confirmations
- Verification of manual payments
- Liaising with external parties such as banks and trustees on a daily basis.
The department has also recently merged with the Workplace Investing banking and reconciliation department and are now also responsible for a further three entities reconciliation, for our WI business.
Purpose of your role
The role of a Reconciliation Associate is to ensure the key responsibilities of the department (mentioned in the department description) are carried out where required.
Due to the variety of tasks undertaken in the area, flexibility is essential so that when required staff can be moved to cover as necessary. The successful applicant will be working with the existing team to ensure all daily tasks are carried out and completed within the necessary timelines and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate's responsibilities would involve daily reconciliation of some of Fidelity's trading and distributions bank accounts and associated ledgers, as well as assisting the team with manual payment verification, query resolutions, FX confirmations, and Audit requirements amongst other tasks.
The UK Recs team also has a close relationship with other teams in the Banking, Reconciliation and Control area as well as Finance, Treasury and external parties (such as banks and trustees), so good communication skills are key.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required, together with excellent numerical and communication skills.
- Computer literate with good PC skills especially Microsoft office e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Team player with a flexible approach and willingness to learn, as well as have the ability to analyse problems and follow through logically to a conclusion / resolution.
- Previous experience or knowledge of GFAS, AutoRek and/or Sonata would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the UK asset management industry is an advantage, as well as some previous reconciliation experience.