Title: Data Protection Manager - Senior Manager Department: Global Data Protection Compliance Location: Kingswood Fields - UK Reports To: Global head of Data Protection Compliance (UK)
The Data Protection Compliance function provides consultancy, and advisory services to Fidelity across the globe working in partnership with the other Oversight functions, such as Advisory Compliance, Global Monitoring Compliance Risk, Investigations & Intelligence and Internal Audit. The function's role is to provide an excellent compliance service, promoting a strong Data Protection compliance culture and enhancing the effectiveness, long-term profitability and reputation of Fidelity through pro-active management of regulatory and reputation risk, undertaken in partnership with the business, and in the best interests of our investors and customers. The Data Protection Compliance members and dual hatted colleagues are based in several locations, including Europe, DIFC, Bermuda, India and the Asia Pacific region.
- Contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementation of the FIL data protection programme globally, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing Personal Data Breaches reported and supporting any external reporting to Data Protection Supervisory Authorities;
- Contributing to the Data Protection training programme to raise staff awareness of the standards required by the Policy and provide any additional training of staff, as required;
- Oversight of the business unit level establishment and maintenance of 'Records of Processing (FIL Information Asset Register 'IAR');
- Dealing with data protection related queries and complaints from data subjects;
- Independent oversight of the business' compliance with the Framework requirements;
- Monitoring and interpreting local regulatory developments in co-ordination with business;
- Contributing to the regular (e.g. quarterly) data protection updates for both Global and regional Senior Management and Business Compliance;
- Review and provide advice and guidance on Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIAs) as appropriate
- Working in partnership with Global Compliance monitoring on 'oversight' activities in relation to Data Protection compliance;
- Working in partnership with Data Governance assist in the development of Data Stewards in respect of data protection knowledge, awareness and skills;
- Supplying technical support, advice and guidance to the business, and advising on local management and staff on their data protection obligations and responsibilities.
- Principal contact for the business and senior management on all aspects of data protection in relation to the Luxembourg entities.
- Act as Data Protection lead for HR, Corporate Services and the Wholesale Business, representing Global Data Protection Compliance;
- Support HR with Employee Rights requests.
- To co-operate with and act as the point of contact for the relevant Data Protection Supervisory Authorities; coordinating internal escalation to the Global head of DP and any externally appointed DPOs. Support the Global head of Data Protection Compliance in the co-ordination of responses to any consultations published by governmental or regulatory bodies which may have an impact upon privacy and data protection within FIL.
- Principal contact for the oversight of the Rights process.
- Regional co-ordination/liaison with all Country Compliance Officers for Data protection matters for Ireland & CE (EMEA) and APAC.
- Management of one employee.
Desirable experience and qualifications
- Good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and other relevant Privacy legislations in Luxembourg and across the globe.
- Experience in contributing to, advising on and supporting the implementing of a data protection compliance programme across an international group.
- Experience of consumer/client, corporate and employee privacy issues, electronic marketing, advertising, consumer privacy policies, data subject access requests, data accuracy, retention, and records management programmes.