Senior Manager - Business Finance
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Tadworth, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Title: Senior Manager - Business Finance Department: CFO Group Location: Lower Kingswood, Surrey Reports To: Director, Head of GBS Business Finance
About the CFO Group
The CFO group operates on a global basis with a dedicated presence in key markets and functions, supported by shared service centres. The Chief Financial Officer has overall responsibility for all aspects of Finance, Strategy & Planning and Procurement, reporting to the President, Financial Services. Within Finance, a number of distinct teams contribute to the department's overall success and the achievement of its objectives. Between them, these teams cover financial control and management reporting and analysis, both at regional and group levels.
The Group Reporting & Analysis team is responsible for providing financial analysis, information and insight to senior leaders within, Technology, Operations, Investment Management and the other support functions, as well as to the FIL board and the Global Operating Committee as a whole. The team is also responsible for maintaining sales, assets and management accounts data on behalf of the overall Finance function.
About the GBS Group
The GBS (Global Business Solutions) group comprises the Technology and Global Business Operations (GBO) organisations and is the largest group within the firm with over 4,000 full time equivalent staff and accounts for more than 30% of the firm's costs.
The global Technology team has a key role to play in the success of Fidelity International supporting the development of the company's own distribution platforms as well as its asset management business. GBO is the global centre for Fidelity's operational capability, including asset management, investment management and client operations.
Purpose of your role
The purpose of this role is to partner with business heads within the GBS group, providing high quality financial insight and challenge and delivering financial services to Technology and Operations in alignment with the high level objectives and principles of the Finance group. Key elements of the role include:
- Business partnering with the business heads. This will include the development of a broad understanding of the Fidelity business model and a deep understanding of all aspects of Technology and Operations, including all financial drivers, and building credibility through the provision of clearly presented financial information, supporting the goal of delivering real value and influence over decision making within these areas. Contributing actively in meetings.
- Delivery of business finance services to Technology and Operations on a global basis, including budgeting, forecasting and management reporting, drawing on Finance shared services and liaising with other Finance teams to leverage best practice.
- Supporting the achievement of the financial objectives of the wider Fidelity organisation, contributing pro-actively to global Finance projects and initiatives.
- Supporting the Head of GBS Business Finance in building a cohesive, empowered and motivated GBS Business Finance team of circa six. This includes a dedicated sub-team from within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team based in Gurgaon, India.
- The role will involve some travel between UK sites and could also include occasional travel to India.
- Provide financial information to key customers including the Chief Technology and Operations Officer and other senior members of GBS.
- Provide financial insight, guidance and challenge to GBS stakeholders, supporting decision making and the achievement of Technology and Operations objectives.
- Assist with prioritising the workload of the extended finance team based in India.
- Focus on driving continuous improvement to, and timely delivery of, all regular deliverables.
- Ensure, where possible, that management reporting is automated and consistent in format with wider group reporting.
- Enhance the quality of analysis and interpretation such that it facilitates stakeholder thinking and decisions.
- Ensure all ad hoc deliverables are turned out to expectation or higher in a timely fashion.
- Ensure regular, high quality forecasts are provided for direct costs and in-bound and out-bound recharges.
- Promote a deeper understanding of the drivers of direct and allocated costs in support of efficiency initiatives.
- Assist with the identification of cost savings, efficiencies and productivity enhancing opportunities within Technology and GBO.
- Ensure that all costs recharged to other business units (including in-bound allocations charged on) can be justified and explained, facilitating a process in the receiving business units whereby support services can be reviewed and, where appropriate, scaled back or made more efficient.
- Assist with the construction and agreement of a fit-for-purpose budget for the Technology and GBO groups.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a sound financial control environment.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of information systems.
- Coach and support the personal development of other members of the GBS Business Finance team.