( relevant for internal applicants only ): 13 The Location:
London, Tetbury, UK-Remote; Must be willing to attend stakeholder meetings within the London office as needed. The Role:
Director, Master & Reference Data The Team:
The Master Data & Reference Data team plays a pivotal role in the S&P Global Commodity Insight's strategic transformation from a traditional data organization into a next generation data intelligence organization. In this role as the leader of the Master and Reference Data Program, you will be responsible for introducing a cloud-centric strategy and leading the discovery, rationalization, and operational execution of master and reference data. The role requires partnering across all lines of business within Commodity Insights and coordinating with adjacent divisions to conceptualize and implement a golden source for shared foundational data. The Impact:
Your efforts will help:
What's in it for you:
- Connect the right data, insights, algorithms and people to optimize processes, increase efficiency and drive innovation
- Increase confidence in data by proactively identifying and working with our team and stakeholders to address quality issues with master and reference data
- Reduce data research and preparation time through automation
- Improve the interoperability of data sets, both internally and for client data
- Improve time-to-market by reducing system development life-cycle time
The role is an opportunity to work creatively to enable our business by solving complex challenges alongside visionary leadership and colleagues. It's a global role with highly visible initiatives and outsized cross-divisional impact given the nature of the utilization of master and reference data in every facet of our business. The S&P Global Commodity Insights division has a fun culture of innovation, collaboration, and flexibility with a key focus on delivering value. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- In this role you will be accountable for the overall establishment of the cloud-centric strategy and day-to-day operational execution of master and reference data management capabilities across a complex environment
- Lead the team in establishing and maturing master and reference data standards by continually improving best practices, enabling data integration, and gaining efficiencies through innovation and automation
- Partner with stakeholders define the target architecture for each domain; Manage the strategic vision, roadmap, and next-generation architecture
- Collaborate with teams in adjacent divisions to propagate appropriate S&P Global wide domain identifiers and align program components
- Provide thought leadership for strategic projects at conception, setting direction and handing off to appropriate staff as progression occurs - ensuring timelines are feasible, work is effectively prioritized for staff, and deliverables met
- Capture data-driven metrics and key performance indicators to demonstrate business value, measure adoption, and bring visibility to improvement opportunities
- Partner with data governance staff to embed master and reference data policies, standards, and best practices into the governance framework
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Able to communicate complex technical strategies and concepts in a relatable way to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and executives to effectively persuade and influence utilizing visualization, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Recognized as an expert in master and reference data management, including match and merge strategies, defining governance / controls, identifier generation, industry standard methodologies, and architectural options for establishing a golden source effectively in a multi-cloud environment
- Demonstrated subject area expert in multiple domains - for example: product, company data, power plants and/or refineries.
- Technical background with 8+ years of experience with industry leading and emerging master data and reference data tooling, including a familiarity with open-source options; understanding of data including the ability to query data utilizing methods such as SQL and SPARQL
- Able to form and execute strategy, as well as support the team and varied stakeholders with effective change management techniques.
- Understanding of the broader data management and semantic disciplines including data governance, data quality, metadata management, ontology and taxonomy
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
292524 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom