Software Engineer, R5146 - Tetbury - Project Powertrain Role summary
This role sits within Product Development and Delivery. This area of IHS Markit are responsible for the ongoing software development of commercial products.
Drawing on a global network of software development experts this exciting area is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of our complex and sophisticated product line.
You will work as part of a team delivering high quality commercial software products within agreed timeframes according to the requirements of the business. Products are typically used externally by customers. What will you be doing:
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and implement programs to support the portfolio management process
- Use established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release
- Work as part of an agile team to identify and deliver solutions to prioritised requirements
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialisation
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Sound understanding of one or more high level programming languages
- Sound knowledge of technologies including Web, C#/.NET, .NET core, Web APIs, Angular
- Experience and knowledge with Transact SQL programming
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a project/program team
- Able to share knowledge with the team
- Understanding of the project management process (agile)
- Stays current with changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Familiar with agile development methodology
- Knowledge of functional programming (Scala, Haskell) would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Docker/AWS/cloud technologies would be an advantage
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.