The International Plays & Basins Service is an industry leading group that researches the process by which the world's key petroleum basins are commercialized; via both upstream and synergistic energy sector activity. Customer focus is central to this team's approach in generating content, analysis and insight that would enhance customers' critical decisions and optimize solutions. Our service provides thought leadership and delivers research product in the form of Basin Reports, Strategic Reports and Global E&P Activity Trends Reports, which are sold to clients usually on a subscription basis. We are in continuous dialogue with our clients in upstream and the business world; our daily work may involve research themed presentations and interactions at any level within external organizations, up to and including board level. The Impact:
This role will generate industry-leading and integrated upstream market intelligence and research commonly is being undertaken by the service within the following subject areas;
- Analysis of trends within the upstream oil and gas industry, from the perspective of a global, regional, or geological basin viewpoint. Basin analysis starts with an assessment of the geology and incorporates perspectives on upstream exploration, development, and production activities.
- Analysis of the upstream asset commercialization process, inclusive of M&A activity, and project planning and execution; and consideration of broader commercialization opportunities including those relating to low and net-zero carbon technologies.
- Analysis of global and regional oil and gas supply trends.
- Analysis of the impact of the Energy Transition on upstream activities.
With a deep understanding and expertise in the international E&P business, this role will also support revenue growth for the Upstream Solutions business line. What's in it for you:
- Join a dynamic internationally orientated research team generating leading upstream and synergistic energy sector research that supports workflow solutions driving customer success.
- Contribute in your role as one of our regional subject matter experts, building strategic relationships and developing thought leadership.
- Develop capabilities through collaboration with other internal stakeholders - wider regional and insight research teams; commercial; advisory solutions; product development, customer support and marketing.
- The role will offer the opportunity for exposure to important companies and high-ranking individuals through client calls and presentations.
What We're Looking For:
- The candidate will report to the Senior Manager of the International Plays & Basin's Service and will undertake upstream and energy technical, commercial and industry trend research.
- The role requires the candidate to extract and analyze large volumes of information and data, using appropriate computer-based tools, examining these datasets for the pinpointing of relevant trends and insights. Data will predominantly relate to global basins, E&P activity, and also oil and gas supply/demand information.
- The role will comprise working with and providing support to the wider Plays & Basins team members, by assisting them with important elements of research workflows and analysis.
- Commonly the candidate will then help to deliver a report to a high standard of overall presentation, readability, and quality to deliver the team's assessments and findings to our clientele.
- Operate as one of our regional upstream subject matter experts, building strategic relationships and bringing thought leadership.
- Engage customers to support their workflows and decision making. Provide expert insights/presentations on EMEA upstream trends and outlook; the candidate will be confident in undertaking such tasks, demonstrating good presentation skills.
- Contribute to building and delivering technical papers in key conferences and events in the region.
- Work across business lines to support customer requests; advisory deliverables; topical integrated research initiatives/collaboration; product development; product marketing; and sales revenue growth.
- The role will suit an individual with an enquiring mind regarding the current situation and future trajectory of the upstream and energy sectors in general.
- The role would suit a numerate graduate with a degree in Geoscience, Engineering, Economics or a related discipline, plus around 5 years of relevant experience would be highly desirable.
- Good track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams. Knowledge of/experience in petroleum geology, petroleum engineering, petroleum economics, and E&P operations are all advantageous.
- Deep understanding of key trends, basin petroleum geology, above-ground issues, field developments and M&A; with a good appreciation of the supply/demand dynamics of oil and gas markets would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Proven presenter in regional industry events and published technical papers will be a plus.
- The candidate will possess good IT and data analysis skills. Knowledge of S&P Commodity Insights - Upstream Solutions products and workflows preferred. Ability to effectively use GIS platforms, analytical and mapping software.
- We are looking for a Team player who has an ability to work with others, whilst also demonstrating a high level of integrity, initiative and willingness to learn.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
293814 Posted On:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom