Brokerage Operations Associate - 6 Months FTC
- Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom Tonbridge England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 29 Aug 18 2018-08-29
The role involves ensuring best execution, timely settlement and all trade and settlement costs. A key part of the role will be liaison with third party vendors as well as the Specialist Brokerage Team in Client Services. You would also be responsible for monitoring and overseeing all work items applicable to the Fidelity asset universe.
Purpose of your role
The Brokerage Operations Team are responsible for identifying, and monitoring open and executed orders through the lifecycle of a trade as well as supporting Corporate Actions and Dividends for clients.
The role involves ensuring best execution, timely settlement and all trade and settlement costs. A key part of the role will be liaison with third party vendors as well as the Specialist Brokerage Team in Client Services.
The role holder will be responsible for monitoring and overseeing all work items applicable to the Fidelity asset universe.
The role will focus on performing some of the checks in the Brokerage area including validating entries in the Books and Records system, providing support, Also learning and covering other aspects of the role as detailed below.
- Assisting with the Order reconciliation and Trade resolution processes.
- Assisting of the CREST checking/Matching report of trades and transfers.
- Assisting The Department with the settlement process- everything unsettled due for settlement.
- Reviewing open purchases and sales.
- House Account resolution (Corporate Actions and Trade Support errors) - balance, breakdown and resolution.
- Assisting with Deal corrections
- Assisting with the process of large deals process.
- Non-STP execution monitoring - Open orders, limits,
- Assisting with Trade amendments and corrections.
- Counterparty risk monitoring
- Price/Stock file(attribute) differences (configurable)
- Best execution Market abuse Monitoring
- Transaction reporting reconciliation to executed trades.
- Query Management
- Assisting with Stamp/SDRT/ FFT monitoring/processing where required
- Assisting with FX Monitoring
- Assisting with Settlement Instructions ref Priority setting
- Testing Corporate Action scenarios on the Investment Platform.
- Drafting of departmental procedures and ongoing ownership of those procedures.
- Undertake daily operational tasks in accordance with defined procedures
- Checking accuracy of any corporate action and dividend input to the Accounting system ensuring this is completed timely and accurately
- Initiation and monitoring of notifications to Clients including Advisers, where applicable, and subsequent Instructions to our Market Broker/Custodian
- Monitoring status of corporate actions events during their life cycle
- Resolution of queries arising from corporate actions and escalating where necessary
- Maintaining relationships and communication between corporate actions and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Helping to resolve Custody reconciliation breaks resulting from corporate actions of dividend activity, both cash and stock, ensuring timely and accurate resolution
- Participation in key departmental projects.
- Providing formal feedback on Market Broker/Custodian Performance.
- Helping with some possible Testing
- Assisting with MI production
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to graduate level
- Willing to study for the Industry Qualifications - IAQ or IMC or certificate proof if already passed
- Knowledge of CREST, Settlements, Corporate Actions and Dividends
- Computer literate with strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work effectively during pressure periods prioritising multiple tasks.
- Fast learner including systems and gaining knowledge
- Good team worker effectively and showing a flexible work approach
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements