Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
Application Support - Warrington - 35k, 3rd Line, Systems Support Analyst
The role of Business Systems Support Analyst will be to work in the IT Service Team to take on the challenge of implementing and supporting the delivery of a wide range of IT application solutions.
The role will need to provide broad technical expertise for a range of IT initiatives and technologies with a view to ensuring the provision of robust and effective solutions to the end-user community. The main focus of the role will be on Application support but the candidate should also be able to understand the underlying infrastructure and development components and will work closely with the infrastructure and DBA members of the team.
The position will also provide consultancy services to the business and its customers on how to best utilise already provisioned services as well as providing support of the services from a BAU (proactive and reactive) point of view, all conducted in a professional, high-quality manner with an emphasis on the importance of customer service. The role will also be required to provide an element of out of hours on-call support.
- Ensuring that IT Services are fully operational and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure that the service and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Work closely with Application and Infrastructure support team members to ensure a holistic, professional and efficient support model is provided for critical business systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Significant experience in IT with a focus on implementing and supporting small and large-scale IT applications of varying technologies. This support involvement will ideally have been within both Project based and 2nd \ 3rd line BAU functions.
- Experience of delivering solutions with both high-availability and proven disaster recovery capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate effectively at both technical and holistic non-technical levels.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-sufficient, driven and outwardly positive team player Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently and also with a team to provide effective technical support
- Broad IT technical skills with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies Experience of providing support to agreed SLAs.
If you feel you have the experience needed fot this role, please apply by submission of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org