- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff. Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification (including SAICA, CPA or equivalent)
- We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Must have recent relevant external audit experience from a top 10 accountancy firm
- Must have mixed sector Audit experience including some large corporates