Travel Systems Lead - EMEA
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum
- Weybridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 12 Oct 18
The primary responsibility is to be the key point person for the coordination, implementation and development of Travel Systems requirements for the EMEA offices. The fast paced dynamic climate of automated airline and hotel pricing requires you to be at the forefront of the latest developments in these fields ensuring the best possible products and services are delivered to our customers. An in depth knowledge of in-house and third party systems is essential.
A well established international brand.
- Provide primary day to day point of contact for brand and market leads and the IT department for travel system developments
- Act as a travel systems subject matter expert with internal departments and suppliers alike
- Be comfortable chairing meetings, managing agendas, stakeholders and internal relationships
- Project manage local initiatives in coordination with relevant teams and service providers
- Travel systems implementation and enhancement coordination
- Fully competent with all related systems and external tools, "can do" attitude to overcome barriers, suggest enhancements and assist with implementation of new tools and technology
- Drive continuous improvement across all Travel teams, highlighting areas of concern and devise plans to improve in line with requirements
- Be point of contact for and proactively manage external supplier relationships as required
- Assist in the development and maintenance of air and hotel management reports
- Ability to manage a cost budget where it relates to planning and travel expenses.
- Access to financial systems and responsible for accurate financial data input.
- Invoice management, reconciliation and coding.
- Educated to degree level preferred.
- Significant years experience in the travel industry, supplier experience working with airlines and hotels
- Highly effective communicator, able to collaborate and coordinate at all levels
- Extensive air operations knowledge gained either with an airline, cruise line, tour operator or travel agent
- Skilled in Amadeus or similar GDS and TravelBox
- Previous experience of airline ticketing requirements and local airline contract specifics
- Thorough knowledge of air related systems and process as employed within the travel industry
- Great team player with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience of project management and cross functional team requirement management
- Able to overcome objections and demonstrate benefits
- Extremely IT literate able to demonstrate knowledge of multiple systems
- People orientated person who develops strong interpersonal relationship
- Good use of analysis and forecasting with ability to develop strategies and drive change
Basic Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
Plus benefits and bonus