At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommend financial company in the UK.
We are the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £118.9 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,976 people (figures as of 05 Feb 2019).
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Senior Developer to join Group Technology and Change (GTC) Application Services Team in our Wilmslow office.
The purpose of this role is to design, develop, test and implement efficient solutions that meet business and customer requirements. In this role you will liaise with key stakeholders including designers, architects , infrastructure teams and project managers.
What will you be doing
- Develops moderately complex solutions within own area of technical expertise.
- Carries out impact assessment of simple changes to existing applications.
- Contributes to solution design work.
- Writes code that meets Group standards, guidelines and quality gates for given technology.
- Thoroughly tests all changes to ensure any issues are identified as early as possible.
- Will support the safe implementation of solutions to production environment(s).
- Collaborates closely with other members of the team.
- Contributes to software development practice by sharing ideas and experience.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience developing NET C# software applications
- Good OO Design and Development experience
- Experience of the following tools and technologies are essential: Microsoft .NET, Microsoft C#, SQL Server
- Ability to work using different development methodologies and tools: Agile (preferably SCRUM), Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, TDD & Continuous Integration
Skills that will help you in the role
- Ability to discuss technical coding patterns and issues with other developers to find the optimal solution within an agreed technical framework
- Ability to cope with high-levels of pressure, involving high profile projects
- Ability to quickly foster strong working relationships with colleagues and internal business stakeholders
- Experience with Angular (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with Web API (desirable but not essential)
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.