This is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to take the next step in their career. You'll be responsible for implementing the strategy to grow the business and build a durable organization to lead the local market - while adhering within the framework of the business's corporate regulations, strategy, and processes. The role reports DIRECTLY to the CEO so this position will give you autonomy over the UK business.
General Manager - Microsoft Products - Gold Partner
£80k plus Bonus & Benefits
My client are an innovative IT company that provides top-level consultancy/technology and managed services to the worlds leading brands. They employ over 150 people across Europe and are scaling up very quickly, in fact, they will look to make this hire as soon as possible with the potential to bring on 3/4 people straight away.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to take the next step in their career. You'll be responsible for implementing the strategy to grow the business and build a durable organization to lead the local market - while adhering within the framework of the business's corporate regulations, strategy, and processes.
The role reports DIRECTLY to the CEO so this position will give you autonomy over the UK business. The General Manager will be responsible for the following key areas:
A Country Manager represents the Group in its specific country or region. The job involves managing the operations, develop the business and increase/sustain the profitability of the entity in the specific region or country.
Within the framework of the corporate regulations, strategy and processes, a Country Manager is responsible to implement the strategy, grow the business and build a durable organization to lead the local market.
Long story short: You will be driving the business in the UK supported by the entire business family who have your back.
- Implement the Vision, Strategy and Group Company policies in the local operations in close collaboration and with support from HQ.
- Define and implement local processes that will enhance the operational efficiency of the local operations. Implement the processes which have been defined on the group level.
- Prepare yearly an annual budget and produce a detailed annual business operating plan with the support of Group Finance.
- Responsible for the Budget and P&L and set out the strategic actions to achieve the budget.
- Develop business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives that have been defined on Group Level.
- Assuming full accountability towards the CEO for the local company operations and results, both financial as well as non-financial.
- Work together with Group Marketing and is responsible for local marketing initiatives to increase brand awareness and presence.
- Build an HR Policy in line with the HR Policy defined on Group level which motivates, attracts and retains employees. As an extension to this, the country manager is responsible for the people management within your country and is supported by the Group HR manager and/or a local HR support.
- Guide, coach, support and execute the sales and account management activities in the territory in line with the local and group strategy.
- Lead and motivate different teams within the territory to enforce employee engagement & retention, in close collaboration with Group HR
- The country manager is responsible for the professional and personal development of its staff members, and as such is required to implement the Group personal development plans for its staff members or an equivalent development plan which has been approved by the corporate HR of the Group.
- Build and maintain an effective Management team to guarantee the long-term business continuity of the business in the local market.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Work together with the Group Financial Controller in order to prepare financial reporting for the CEO, Strategic Management and the Board. Review financial and non-financial reports in order to make the correct decision to guarantee continuity of the local organization.
- Build trust relationships with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the CEO for all local related subjects.
- Appropriate financial knowledge in order to interpret and report financial results.
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing on annual budgets as well as interpreting operational financial reports.
- A strong understanding of how a business operates and a proven track record demonstrating the understanding and business experience.
- Fully understand the products and services provided by the business.
- General management experience
- The ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- The ability to recruit and motivate staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels, including people-management, leadership. Proven extensive and successful experience as people manager within the IT industry
- Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft eco-system. A Country Manager should have an excellent network within Microsoft and should be able to maintain excellent relations with the local Microsoft organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft productivity suite (Windows, Office365) and excellent general IT skills needed to efficiently execute a management position.