Graduate Analyst, Portfolio Implementation
- Windsor, England, United Kingdom Windsor England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Record Currency Management
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
We are recruiting for a recent graduate to join Record in an Analyst role with opportunities for rotation. Initially the Analyst will join our Portfolio Implementation team, and they will have the opportunity to move into different teams at Record with the overall aim of quickly becoming knowledgeable about our products and processes. This role will require an ambitious graduate who is seeking a thriving long-term career in investment management, and who is keen to build a comprehensive understanding of our company.
The rotational nature of this role will require an aptitude for fast learning so that the Analyst can a) complete the wide range of tasks they may encounter across different teams, and b) acquire an in-depth knowledge of our company through intensive training and coaching.
The first placement will be in our Portfolio Implementation team, where the Analyst will assist in the day-to-day portfolio management of all our currency mandates. The team is responsible for managing all client investment mandates, including the set-up of new client mandates, implementing changes to existing client mandates, and carrying out systematic maintenance of client mandates, all within a robust control environment. The Analyst will be required to learn about Record’s products and services, and over time the Analyst will assist in carrying out the implementation tasks essential for delivering our products and services for our clients. Tasks include: portfolio actions such as rebalancing and currency pair selection; product monitoring and maintenance; analysis and interpretation of product information; making suggestions for the development of tools used for the aforementioned tasks; and escalating any issues related to these tasks as appropriate.
Record Currency Management
Record Currency Management is an established, independent currency manager, managing approximately £44.3bn (as at 31 March 2018) in client currency exposures. Our clients are mostly institutions, including pension funds, charities, foundations, endowments, and family offices. Record’s services include bespoke currency hedging, currency for return, and additional currency solutions and consulting services.
- First or upper second class degree from a Russell Group University (or international equivalent).
- A Level in a mathematical subject, A grade or above (or international equivalent).
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills with at least a basic grasp of statistics.
- Excellent attention to detail and enjoys process-driven work.
- A keen interest in financial markets and investment and a desire to learn more in this area.
- Excellent communication skills, works well both in a team and independently.
- Intermediate/advanced MS Excel or VBA.
- Strong writing skills.
Long-term career prospects
The opportunities for career development and progression are varied and extensive.
Whilst completing rotations across different teams at Record, you will;
1. Gain an in-depth knowledge of our products.
2. Develop a thorough understanding of all the teams in our company and their specific responsibilities, through a full programme of induction sessions across the business and the opportunities for discussion and learning that our open-plan office facilitates.
3. Form strong internal relationships with colleagues across our company.
After completing your rotations, your career path will be determined by the areas that you express a preference for and the needs of the business. Due to its broad nature, the role can in the long run potentially lead to senior internal careers in the all areas of the firm including: a) Portfolio Implementation, b) Investment Strategy, c) Trading, d) Front Office Risk, e) Reporting, f) Operations, and g) Client Services.
As a graduate joining Record in an Analyst role, you will develop a broad and unique skillset. In your first role in Portfolio Implementation you will be expected to:
1. Gain an in-depth knowledge of Record’s investment strategies and products, and their evolution over time. Products and services include Currency for Return products, Hedging products, and additional services such as Equitisation. Using this knowledge, the Analyst will go on to understand and carry out the implementation tasks essential for delivering our products and services for our clients.
a. Hedging. You will learn how to carry out the monthly rebalancing of clients’ currency hedges, and how to monitor client hedge ratios to ensure that target hedge ratios are maintained.
b. Currency for Return products. You will learn to make monthly currency pair selections, monitor the market levels for existing positions and implement changes where required, and process investments and disinvestments into Record’s pooled funds.
2. Proactively identify areas where tools could be developed to improve our processes, and recommend enhancements to existing tools.
3. Operate within a robust control environment. This includes adhering to regulatory responsibilities, by measuring complaints, errors, and breaches. Additionally, this requires the provision of all required information for the post trade compliance process, and the escalation of any issues arising from day-to-day portfolio management.