Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Windsor, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
The world of energy is changing and, with our chosen businesses, distinctive positions and current capabilities, Centrica is well placed to deliver for its customers and for society. In-line with the market Centrica too is evolving and at such a time the Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is a key role for our business and an opportunity for the right individual to bring a highly competent M&A/corporate finance skill-set to the Centrica plc Group Mergers & Acquisitions team.
- Evaluation and execution of M&A transactions undertaken by Centrica plc including buy-side transactions, sell-side transactions, joint ventures and partnerships
- Day to day project management of complex M&A/corporate finance transactions including leading junior colleagues and interacting across Business Units, Corporate Centre functions and external advisers and counterparties
- An ability to build from first principles complex financial models for valuing assets and financial impact analysis
- An ability to undertake complex financial analysis including valuation (DCF; comparable companies; comparable transactions etc.), cash flow analysis, credit analysis and other similar analyses
- An ability to contribute to creative solutions for M&A and corporate finance transactions undertaken by Centrica plc
- Preparing internal presentations for senior team members, senior executives of Business Units and/or Centrica Group executives relating to transactions under consideration
- Remain fully conversant with all capital market developments including M&A techniques, the Listing Rules, and other relevant regulatory or market developments.
- Finance qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or equivalentis preferable
- Experience of M&A/corporate finance transactions
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Experience in dealing with Senior Executives directly or their key team members (e.g. operational, commercial, financial, legal) in relation to M&A/corporate finance transactions and in a highly confidential environment
- Possess a high intellectual capability with an ability to assess large volumes of complex information in order to develop concise, commercially based arguments to convince senior executives and colleagues in relation to M&A/corporate finance transactions
- Be an advanced Excel user
- Strong organisational skills, a proven ability to multi-task and excellent team working skills
- Knowledge of the global energy & utility industry and global capital markets.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.