Our client provides industry-leading trading functionality across a range of assets. The team automates trading strategies, formalizing them as algorithms that can routinely deliver improved execution for their customers and their clients. They develop robust algorithms that must perform effectively under many scenarios.
Primary technology is Java on RedHat Linux.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team of developers building high performance interfaces to global financial markets.
- Java or transferable object oriented skills from similar languages such as C++ or C#.
- Experience of Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing and optimizing highly scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience of applying automation tools for software building, testing, and deployment.
- Highly numerate degree.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Financial markets knowledge, especially in derivatives, is an advantage.