Head of Investment Operations
- up to £90,000
- Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LGPS Central
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Head of Investment Operations, Asset management Salary up to £90,000 plus benefits Based in the Midlands
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you have the skills to perform this role, to: - email@example.com
Closing date: 6 December 2017
Interviews will take place: w/c 11th December 2017
Head of Investment Operations
LGPS Central Limited has been established to consolidate and manage the pension fund assets of nine Midland’s based public funds. This is an exciting initiative as it involves the use of innovative fund structures, a full range of asset classes from passive and active equity to property and infrastructure and is transformative in its mission to reduce the cost of investment for its clients. Assets will commence transitioning in April 2018 and when complete LGPS Central will be managing c£40bn.
As part of the finance and operations senior management team the Head of Investment Operations will have responsibility to ensure the effective and efficient workings of all aspects of investment operations support. This senior position will lead, manage and direct a small investment operations team in the delivery of excellent service to internal and external stakeholders and clients. The role includes execution of operational services as well as oversight of outsourced activities and suppliers and covers all middle office and back office activities for LGPS Central Limited.
This key role will have significant influence in shaping the nature of the operational infrastructure of LGPS Central and will be able to make a substantial contribution to ensuring that the financial objectives of the Company are met.
The position reports to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer.
• Develop and manage a vendor and outsource oversight framework to include trading systems, middle office, transfer agency, fund administration, custodian, depositary
• Ensure the completeness, accuracy and integrity of daily transactions, prices, NAV’s, positions and values through robust control processes
• Monitoring commercial arrangements with outsource service provider
• Working with vendors to deliver cost effectiveness, scalability and support appropriate to the business
• Management of all investment operations activities retained in-house
• Engagement with investment team to ensure timely and efficient transaction processing
• Management of data integrity
• Responsible for establishing and continually improving a robust internal control and operational risk management framework within internal investment operations and also within the oversight framework
• Training and development of staff
• Development of MI dashboard and regular reporting for committees and boards
• Manage department budget
• Participation in change and development programmes
• Providing advice and support to staff when dealing with process changes and management of exceptions
• Ensure adherence to regulatory and industry best practice
• Held a senior role in asset management operations
• Knowledge of current investment operations processes
• Experience of a wide range of asset classes including equity, fixed income, infrastructure, PE, property and derivatives
• Experience of oversight of outsource providers, in particular middle office, fund administration, custodian and depositary.
• Deep knowledge of the operational aspects of unitised fund products
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective communication and influencing skills
• Experience of managing change
• Sound regulatory knowledge, especially of current regulations such as MiFID II, AIFMD, EMIR