The position sits within the Investment Operations Middle Office Team, that supports the Investment Management Front Office. The team works closely with the Outsourced Back Office provider, Custodian and Partner Funds.
Provide operational support to Fund Managers.
• Direct supervision of outsourced back office service provider. Hold them to account on daily and weekly deliverables.
• Oversight of daily vendor reporting. Resolve exceptions and escalate appropriately where the situation demands.
• Daily cash and stock reconciliations and Corporate Action processing.
• Participate in new fund and product launches, preparation of FCA documentation, prospectus updates and new market openings.
• Respond to FOI requests.
• Prepare monthly fund reporting and KPI’s.
• Continuous process improvement through reviews of procedures and process enhancement via automation.
- Previous Middle Office experience from either an Asset Management or Investment Banking background.
- Previous experience of Equity, Fixed Income and/or Derivatives is a must.
- An understanding of the roles played by outsourced middle office, depositaries and custodians.
- Understanding of Bloomberg AIM or other trading & middle office systems.
- Competent grasp of buy-side workflow structure, knowledge of transfer agency and fund unit subscription / redemption process is a plus.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and regulations.
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service, ideally servicing Financial Institutions.
- High attention to detail, analytical.
- Able to communicate complex and highly-technical matters in a way which is understandable and relevant.
- Confidence to lead projects independently.
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills, able to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Able to build effective relationships across all levels of the company.
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines and manage competing priorities under significant time pressures.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
- Ability to challenge appropriately.
- Ability to think outside the box.
Degree level or equivalent