Advisor Development Program/Prospect Development Program Financial Services Representative
At Bank of America
, we're creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals and businesses across the country. Each day, we connect with 67 million clients through a growing specialist workforce and our world-class digital platform. With each relationship and connection, we are looking to provide care and guidance for our clients when they need us most - whether they are just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement. As part of our commitment, we are looking for the next generation of Financial Advisors-those with a passion for growing a long-term career and a drive to make our clients' financial lives better.
As an Advisor Development Program or Prospect Development Program
Financial Services Representative your journey begins studying for the Security Industry Essentials (SIE)
exam to help you understand the basic knowledge of the securities industry. Once completed, you will be working in a in a phone based environment from a Consumer Investments
Contact Center where you will learn Bank of America's
core banking and the Consumer Investments
approach to client care. During this stage, you will be given best in class training from our award-winning Academy; along with hands-on practice and personalized coaching to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that you will need to be successful. Our Financial Service Representatives will support Consumer Investments
customers by providing an exceptional client experience, deepening relationships through referrals and platform service to sales activities, as well as self-service and transactional activities where needed.
The Academy's Training and Licensing Program
will provide you with a defined path to becoming an advisor through a multi-stage training program, including the coaching and guidance that you will need to successfully obtain your industry licenses ( SIE
, Series 7
, and Series 66
licensing). These credentials along with your demonstrated aptitude and client focus, will allow you to progress into the Consumer Investments Financial Solutions Advisor Career Path
, where you will learn the foundational skills needed to be a financial advisor - from developing prospects, acquiring, building and managing client relationships and providing investment advice, to humanizing financial interactions - we'll equip you with everything you need as you move through the stages of development. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Taking inbound calls from existing clients to service, build, and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs while providing an exceptional client experience.
- Earning your Security Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66 licenses through structured lessons and dedicated study time. You must obtain your SIE, Series 7, & 66 to progress into the Advisor Development Program ( 63 & 65 accepted, in lieu of 66 ).
- Ensuring customer needs are met by partnering with specialists and business partners to observe what they offer to customers and the most effective way to deepen relationships as a learning opportunity.
- Educating potential and existing clients about Merrill investment products, services and portfolio strategies while staying well-versed in Bank of America banking products, enterprise policies, and changes in financial markets and regulations.
- Understanding clients' or prospective clients' goals and overall financial situation, and providing account and/or investment recommendations in-line with their financial goals.
- Leveraging available resources and technologies to optimize the customer experience and serve our customers with operational excellence and accuracy.
Proactively managing risk in every business, product, and service transaction leveraging available tools. We'll Help You
As a Financial Services Representative in the Advisor Development Program or Prospect Development Program, you can look forward to
- Develop techniques to confidently engage with clients by telephone, and grow your business knowledge by using a defined consultative approach with clients to systematically identify client needs and appropriate solutions.
- Pass the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 & 66 exams; Candidates must pass registration exams within the prescribed timeline of moving into the Advisor Development Program or Prospect Development Program Financial Services Representative role.
- Build your knowledge through Bank of America's award-winning Academy training and on-boarding programs and work in a culture where growth and career advancement are a priority designed to help you grow a successful career at Bank of America.
- Connect clients to all of the solutions we provide through Bank of America banking and Consumer Investments to meet virtually all of their financial needs.
You're the kind of person that (REQUIRED SKILLS)
- Becoming a licensed and registered financial solutions advisor who is able to trade investments, as well as recommend different strategies leveraging investments such as: ETFs, mutual funds, and Merrill's Guided Investing portfolio.
- Working in a well-compensated, highly collaborative environment with ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves and changes.
- Growing client relationships by providing exceptional client care, understanding needs, and presenting services and solutions offered throughout Consumer Investments and Bank of America banking.
- The opportunity to earn additional quarterly compensation based on performance metrics, once completing the Advisor Development Program or Prospect Development Program.
You'll be even more prepared if you have (PREFERRED SKILLS)
- Wants to establish a long-term career in the financial services industry at large Fortune 50 Company that rewards hard work, ambition, and dedication.
- Is prepared to pass licensing exams - Security Industry Essentials (SIE) and Series 7 and Series 66.
- Has a strong aptitude learning new computer applications as well as experience leveraging computer programs for organization and time management.
- Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and has the ability to manage complexity, and prioritize tasks in a fast moving, performance-based environment.
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients' financial lives.
- Is a confident and effective communicator with an aptitude for sales and relationship management.
- Has strong sales experience, ideally in a financial services setting.
- Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done with a client focus.
- Has the ability to engage with clients and seek to understand their needs while actively sharing options using plain language, building rapport and handling objections.
- Is comfortable receiving ongoing performance feedback and coaching.
- Is adaptable, and can adjust conversations based on new information, current events, or regulation changes in the financial services industry.
- Is thorough and will incorporate relevant regulatory due diligence into long-term strategies for clients.
We're a culture that
- A bachelor's degree, or 1-2 years' experience working in the financial service industry and/or a performance-based environment.
- A minimum of one year of sales experience with cross-selling, upselling or referring products
- The Security Industry Essentials (SIE) or other financial services licenses and interest in pursuing the Series 7, and/or the Series 66 licenses.
- Interest in helping clients by assessing their needs, identifying solutions, and building/managing relationships.
- Experience working in a call center.
- Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
Provides continuous education and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, Shift:
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role