Program Delivery Manager Qualification
Science / Engineering graduate Responsibility
: Account Operations
- Review the operational parameters which impact the bottomline (eg pyramid size, utilization etc) for the Project to ensure margins are met.
- Raise invoices, as and when due.
- Submit monthly budget plans and seek approvals required in case of any deviations.
Opportunity Identification and Pursuit
- Communicate and build awareness around MSA and contractual terms.
- Identify areas of valueadd in the current Project which can be taken up for account mining.
- Support opportunity pursuit when requested (eg differentiators, estimates, underlying risks, scope etc).
- Submit draft proposal for review to the Program Delivery Manager.
- Contracting: Build an understanding of the MSA structure.
- Prepare or validate the SOW / work orders inclusive of scope and milestones, acceptance criteria for the Project.
- Negotiate on resources, time, scope, milestones within the scope of the Project.
- 1 Project Planning: Create Project plan including aspects such as cost, schedule, scope, requirements, risk, quality, communication & stakeholder management, effort estimation, resource planning.
2 Risk Management and Dependency Management
- Seek review comments from Program / Engagement Manager and customer (as required).
Identify and manage Risk during Project onset and during the course of the Project
- 3 Establish Project review and communication governance.
- 4 Estimation and Resource Planning: Leverage scientific models to arrive at effort estimation and subsequently resource loading and scheduling.
- Work with support teams eg Admin, HR to ensure resources are available.
- Understand Project boundaries against SOW (scope of work, out of scope and assumptions).
- Accountable for internal and customer Project environment including knowledge repository, C20, Project administration tools/applications, helpdesk/ticketing system, customer network connectivity, etc.
- Setup team work environment wrt desktops/software/workspace.
- 5 Requirements Gathering: Coordinate/ work on requirements gathering and execution process.
- Identify key acceptance criteria items, key dependencies and complexity to be managed.
- 1 Requirements Understanding: Understand high level requirements.
- Plan and track work packages under purview.
- Understand and manage intercomponent dependencies within a work package and interwork package dependencies.
- Validate that the requirements given are ready and full to be taken up by the Technical Lead and the team.
2 Status Reporting
- Identify gaps in requirements vs the envisaged high level scope and milestone (including NFRs, usability, user adoption and other implicit requirements).
Prepare status reports and conduct management reviews with applicable stakeholders
- 3 Signoff: Review design and architecture artifacts through the design, development and implementation phases as applicable.
- Oversee timely reviews and sign off by the customer.
Undertake continuous re-planning and reprioritization as required to complete the Project on time
- 5 Scope Management: Conduct an impact analysis on the cost and other organizational parameters and report to the customer of any changes in the Project.
6 Escalation Management
- Perform Project estimation reviews and get approval from customer.
Inform the relevant client stakeholders in a timely manner, in case of exceptions
- 7 Metrics Management: Generate and review Project metrics and identify deviations.
- Identify and drive corrective actions.
- Resolve any escalated issues and escalate further, as required.
- Set up the Change Control procedures which include a Change Register, Change Impact Analysis and a Change Approval Process for the Project.
- Making relevant changes to the SoW to reflect the same.
- Act as the point of contact on the Project delivery, for Project related updates with the client and for regular communication of Project updates.
- Understand issues from the client perspective and provide appropriate solutions.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (onsite Project team, horizontal teams, client team, Delivery Manager, Program Manager, etc) as required.
- Allocate work among team members.
- Resolve team conflict & support team building activities.
- Provide administrative support as and when required.
- Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team.
- Identify skill gaps and training needs of team members and provide necessary support to address the same.
- Provide inputs into the learning and career plans for team members.
- Nominate team for awards.
- Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members.
- Establish backup plan for critical roles (for contingency).
- Identify reusable assets.
- Review any best practices / innovations as circulated within the group.
- Identify Project level tools or other items to be built for the Project.
Must Have Skills
- Participate and network with Community of Practice to discuss/ resolve any business problems as faced during projects.
- Portfolio & Project mgmt (PPM)