As the Director, Accounting reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will provide leadership and partner with the CAO organization in ensuring effective delivery of all aspects of the organization's accounting, tax, internal controls and reporting functions. You will provide critical and wide ranging support for this growing organization and will work with the CAO on developing strategies across the accounting team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work alongside the Accounting and Finance Leadership teams.
- Establish a strong alignment across the accounting leadership team and the entire accounting organization, ensuring all are aligned on strategic goals and initiatives
- Ensuring key deliverables within the Accounting organization are met, and that each of the groups within Accounting are driving towards their goals and deliverables
- Oversee Business Risk Officers with Accounting to ensure sound governance, oversight and execution of the financial and operational risks and controls as part of our Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program, including key operational, regulatory and compliance related controls
- Understand and anticipate the key deliverables of the office of the CAO, proactively planning and supporting those needs to ensure early, high-quality delivery of materials and required preparation
- Develop executive communication and reporting including strategic decks for the Executive Committee, Board, quarterly reporting of accomplishments, and goal management.
- Acts as external audit liaison on behalf of the CAO office and partner with other Accounting leaders to ensure timely and accurate deliverables of financial and operational audits, compliance with federal, state local and corporate policies, and strong internal controls environment
- Manage multiple strategic business projects to achieve organizational objectives, fostering cross-functional collaboration across Accounting and other groups across Finance and the organization.
- Manage projects and milestones to ensure effective implementation of new initiatives, including any new US GAAP, IFRS, and SEC compliance developments
- Create connections across the accounting organization and other business areas to create awareness, drive change and/or understand critical road blocks
- Drive the development of reporting dashboards and continue to evolve reporting to meet the needs of the business. Partner with the CAO on project assessments v ROI.
- Build critical connections and bridges between the direct reports and other lines of business
- Serve as liaison for the group across accounting
· Commitment to representing SVB's Values in all interactions
· Relationship focused: partners extremely well with internal and external colleagues
· Leadership acumen: ability to influence, negotiate and build consensus with disparate parties. This includes the confidence to share an informed POV.
· Strong knowledge of financial transactions flow and their financial statement impact
· Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC Regulations, and experience or knowledge working with IFRS
· Strength in researching, understanding, and succinctly explaining complex situations.
· Proven ability to drive complex projects forward, iterate, and adapt
· Strong communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, presentation, and listening abilities. Acumen to shape clear, compelling messaging.
· Project management or ops management background; adept at managing competing priorities and finite resources
· Management experience; team building experience
· Board and/or Executive Committee presentation experience
· Data-influenced decision making style
· Sound judgement, high level of discretion
· An agile problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving organization
· 10+ years of relevant experience with CPA or equivalent designation
· Bachelor degree in accounting or finance, with big 4 public accounting background preferred