Director, Talent Insights
The Talent Insights team derives actionable insight from data to recommend and implement better ways of attracting, developing, and retaining our talent so that we can better serve our clients and drive bottom-line impact. Our goal is to increase our analytical capabilities and derive actionable insights into our critical business issues, as well as create a scalable data infrastructure and user-friendly reporting environment that can effectively support our growing company.
The Director of Talent Insights is responsible to support the design, development, and implementation of our HR analytics and data strategy. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the HR reporting and analytics function that creates high quality, contextually-relevant analytics/reports to improve decision-making and business outcomes.
- Support/prioritize business reporting needs, leadership questions, and ad hoc requests.
- Provide analytics and information to stakeholders to help address their business questions.
- Partner with the HR teams (Talent Acquisition and Planning, Talent Development, Total Rewards, Field Delivery, HR Operations, Policies and Projects) to enhance our capability to analyze and "make sense" of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help SVB make better data driven decisions.
- Enable a faster, more effective service delivery across all HR functions with automation and self-service solutions.
- Proactively drive the development and maintenance of strong process controls including but not limited to data maintenance strategy, data validation, and data integrity controls; adhere to standards set by SVB's enterprise data management program.
- Assume business ownership for all data management and business intelligence applications deployed specifically for HR (e.g. Visier); business owner responsibilities include a) partnering with HR leadership team to establish a product and service roadmap, b) producing business requirements and other key project artifacts as required by SVB's SDLC practices where applicable, c) manage key vendor relationships and serve as a point of escalation for both technical and contractual matters.
- Define the future state of people analytics at SVB, including the formation and execution of a multi-year roadmap that dovetails with SVB's corporate and HR department objectives.
- Manage a team of employees and contractors towards achieving deliverables and developing their individual skill sets; encourage the team to think creatively and deliver solutions that efficiently support management and employees.
- As a key leader within the Talent Insights & Solutions team, participate in group strategy, planning and team building activities.
Bachelor's Degree and or equivalent work experience required.
- 10 years related experience.
- Understand key business questions, design analytics, and persuasively communicate findings
- Strong analytical, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a global organization with international experience is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with previous experience presenting to the C-suite.
- Able to effectively manage relationships throughout an organization as well as interact with senior management.