Sr. Software Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. Job Summary:
The Sr. Software Engineer will work closely with the Business Users, Systems Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Developers in building and supporting Regulatory Reporting Platforms such as Axiom Controller View, Abacus 360, Lombard Risk etc.,
Leads efforts to consult with internal business clients and offer solutions using best software and engineering practices.
Facilitates implementation of standards and practices that guide the architecture, design and delivery of custom regulatory reporting solutions.
Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging financial technologies and possible application to external reporting adhering to the best market practices
Works with operations staff to enhance operational framework that supports systems, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of information to appropriate groups. Major Responsibilities:
- Performs systems design and analysis, develops code, and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems users and applications components Develop and support customized code, ETL, interfaces, and reports for the implementation and ongoing development and operations of Regulatory Reporting.
- Early identification of development issues and take corrective measures/actions to mitigate issues
- Help to define the coding standards for the regulatory reporting applications
Develop detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhere to the development and naming standards established
- Works on projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction/guidance to junior technical staff and technically lead medium size projects
- Reviewing and evaluating new requirements, change requests and problems by conferring with business analysts and SMEs
- Directing, monitoring and assigning development work to junior technical resources in the team
- Estimating, Planning, Organizing and collaborating for delivery with large cross functional teams, small teams as well as taking sole ownership of the task and produce necessary deliverables
- Representing the Regulatory team in status and management meetings with business stakeholders as a technology expert Partner and with Architecture team on development standards, processes, tools, techniques and product selection.
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences and management.
- Work within a disciplined change-and-configuration management environment to maintain control over the development and introduction of new function to the operations.
- Influence the change control team on best practices of handling code migrations between environments.
- Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and Third level support for development/production support issues.
- Preferably a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering and production support
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise and technical direction to team members w.r.t Regulatory Reporting (FR-Y9C, FR Y-14 A/M/Q, FFIEC 031 etc)
Experience in Banking/Financial domain with knowledge in loans, deposits and securities related systems etc.,
- Sound Technical knowledge in Axiom Controller View
Technical expertise in process and data modeling
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems
Experience in SDLC, Software Design, Software Documentation and Software Testing methodologies
- Experience with hands-on technical roles
- Technical Knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica, SQL, PL/SQL programming skills
- Experience in writing stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities