The Operations Associate is primarily responsible for executing day-to-day account processing including client account administration, trade settlement through reconciliation, cash management, wires, pricing, corporate actions, proxy voting, compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Daily trade reconciliation and resolve settlement issues including trade breaks with custodians and brokerage firms.
- Provide trade instructions, allocation details, affirmation confirms to custodians and brokerage firms.
- Confirm wire instructions and process client cash and/or security withdrawals and/or contribution requests for separately managed accounts, limited partnership, and sub-advised accounts.
- Monitor and process corporate actions, class actions, proxy voting, collateral movements, and margin balances for managed accounts and funds.
- Provide daily, weekly and month-end security pricing to portfolio managers and traders for review. Generate performance and valuation reports for internal distribution.
- Facilitate all necessary aspects of new account onboarding, funding, investments, and account termination/transfer.
- Preparation for offsite storage on all compliance documentation including trade instructions, allocation tickets, account records, etc.
- Maintain procedures manual and continually assess processes for improvements.
- Perform ongoing cross trainings within the department to ensure continual coverage at all times.
- Effective communication with other departments and third party relationships.
Position Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct experience in trade operations, exchange systems, finance, accounting, investment guidelines, investor relations in the same industry
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, order management system, and accounting system
- Must exhibit a high standard of professionalism in all dealings with internal staff and external partners and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure, have the ability to multi-task and work amicably in a team environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the securities markets is required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The essentials of the position include, but are not limited to, the above mentioned duties. SSI Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer.