Software Engineer / Ingénieur
Our team is looking for a fresh out of college/junior developer who is all around awesome;
someone who knows their stuff, or is passionate to learn, and grow with an ambitious team. We offer an outstanding ability
to grow in a variety of ways by targeting areas you've yet to look into - mobile, cloud-based, etc. We offer a challenging, engaging, and exciting place
to work, which in turn has its many perks.
We have hired all sorts of people in the past: From people with degrees in Computer Science to people who have never written a line of code, but expressed a passion to learn
. Everyone who has joined our team has stayed with us as we've grown. You get out what you put in. We get out what we put in.
We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a growing team that is constantly looking to undertake new and challenging projects.
Rather than list all the required skills and knowledge, we'll state that if you know your object-oriented principles, algorithms, know any language that is similar in syntax to Java/C++/C#, and otherwise have a passion for software engineering, then we'd love to hear from you and cover letter our way! (If you still prefer a more \"official\" job description, see further below...) Lastly:
Part of our hiring process includes taking part in a coding challenge. We're looking for passionate people who are hardworking about different and new types of challenges. The challenge is designed mostly to assess your ability to research and be inventive. You're encouraged to Google (or Bing), ask questions -- whether to peers, mentors - or to even ask us!
Our team is looking for a Software Engineer who is encouraged to design and develop software in accordance to the specifications and requirements of our clients. The Software Engineer is encouraged to have knowledge of programming languages and sufficient skills in the use of these languages in programming. The Software Engineer should also have knowledge of data processing. The Software Engineer will be encouraged to:
- Code new and existing software on various hardware and provided programming technologies
- Test existing software as part of investigations on various hardware and programming technologies
- Refine programs in the final stages of software development
- Format software programs in the final stages of software development
- Rewrite programming codes so as to meet specifications and requirements of clients
- Keep up to date with requirements and standards of programming as set by software development authorities
- Investigate errors in software programs as reported by clients
- Suggest and introduce modifications in software programs in accordance with specifications given
- Develop and implement testing models
- Document results of tests on software programs
- Analyze the success of software programs in the market
- Maintain software programs sold to clients
Ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in various programming languages
Knowledge of the following programming technologies are recommended, but not required:
- C# and .NET 4.0 Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- C++, C
- WIN32 API
- Visual Basic
Our team includes the following perks:
Why Choose Cognizant?
- Fun, ambitious and friendly atmosphere
- Work hard / play hard attitude
- Unique challenges with immediate and apparent reward
- \"On the job\" training
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Digital Business has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger ambitions. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building innovative products and services. But we don't stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan. Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion-for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 09 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.