Vice President of Asset Management
- Brentwood, CA, USA Brentwood CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Apr 18 2018-04-11
Los Angeles based Real Estate Development Firm that invests in development and acquisitions platforms as well as property specific limited partner and general partner investments in strategic urban markets. Founded in 2001, the firm focuses on ground-up and value-add multi-family, retail and office investments. During the past decade, the firm successfully invested in and operated over 9000 multi-family units as well as targeted retail and office projects totaling over $2.4 billion.
Vice President of Asset Management
We will rely on you to manage a portfolio of 7-10 multifamily assets (with some commercial). Specifically, as the Vice President of Asset Management, you will create and implement asset specific business plans and be responsible for driving the financial performance of the portfolio. Playing a key role in all aspects of asset management, you will also identify operating efficiencies and opportunities to maximize returns at the asset and portfolio level.
- Form a close relationship with property management personnel at all levels to successfully monitor the daily operations.
- Strategize with property management to establish annual operating and capital budgets. This includes itemizing the projected revenues, expenses, NOI, and if appropriate, capex/renovation and the subsequent rent lift associated with the overall business plan.
- Conduct routine site visits and inspections and tour competing properties.
- Discuss weekly leasing, occupancy, capex/renovation programs to maximize the profitability of each asset.
- High level management of turnover, resident satisfaction, reputation management, revenue management, and any other opportunity to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Identify and engage marketing firms to create brand identity and advertising strategies for the opening of new projects as well as oversee marketing efforts for existing assets.
- Team with the construction department to plan for the opening of new projects.
- For value-add projects, focus on and track the capex plan to keep execution on time and within budget. Review and approve construction draw packages where applicable.
- Ability to negotiate and execute commercial leases and listing agreements as needed to lease vacant commercial/retail space in mixed use projects.
- Interface with and provide oversight of consultants, brokers, revenue managers, 3rd party contractors, vendors, lenders and legal counsel.
- Clearly communicate the budget and strategy to capital partners and to property management. Each property has specific guidelines with budget due dates and reporting requirements that the asset manager must ensure compliance with.
- Analyze monthly operating statements and report to the owners and JV partners any variances as compared to the budget and business plan, proactively manage cash flow and incorporate an action plan to address any deficiencies if necessary.
- Responsible for being the key contact with capital providers and investment principals to maintain compliance with loan documents and equity agreements.
- Balance sheet management is expected.
- Monitor asset performance, returns and recommend operational or financial strategies to optimize returns at the asset level.
- Proactively analyze economic trends for each specific asset sub-market and forecast trends that may affect the property in regard to long/short term disposition and exit strategy.
- Conduct annual hold/sell analyses and recommendations.
- Work with transaction team to execute disposition of assets including participating in broker interviews, contract negotiation, due diligence, transaction management and closing.
- Seasoned asset manager with a minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience and a proven track record.
- Takes "hands on" approach and has experience with development and/or substantial reposition of assets and property dispositions not just core/stabilized assets.
- Bachelor's degree is required (Real Estate, Finance, Management or Mathematics degree preferred). Related job experience should showcase financial analysis capability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships and JV partners.
- Proficient mathematical skills required for financial modeling and financial reporting. Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail. Experience with revenue management software.
- Understands how to manage by using data and other performance and market information.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both autonomously and with team. Must be able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- Brings best practices in terms of reporting and procedures and can help develop efficiencies in operations and oversight.
- Mixed use or multiple asset type exposure a plus.
- Strong institutional ownership perspective.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resume and candidates should be prepared to submit salary requirements and references, if requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.