Middle Office - Associate
Job Description Summary
- This role is within State Street IMS' Trade Management department.
- The candidate will be responsible for researching and resolving complex operational issues while demonstrating problem ownership, teamwork, and the willingness to take on special assignments.
- The candidate will engage in all operational aspects concerning the front to back office trade flow.
- The role involves daily interaction with various internal teams, brokers, custodian banks, and clients with the overall goal of providing timely support and resolution of all trade related inquiries.
- Booking, confirmation, and settlement of all trade activities received from the investment manager.
- Offer suggestions for updating, correcting, and improving static data.
- Performs the necessary checks on all automated and manual trades.
- Researches complex issues and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Identifiesandtakesownershipofissues.Ensuresproblemresolutioniswell-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Prepares and reviews various standardized reports.
- Responds to all inquiries timely and accurately.
- Provides recommendations for improving in processing or procedures.
- Assists team with creating, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with back up procedures; provides guidance when system applications and or trade transmission problems arise.
- Bachelor's degree with business related coursework or equivalent. B.S. in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VBA macros and Business Objects is a plus.
- Proven critical thinking, technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced trading-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.