Sr, Home Mortgage Underwriter 4 - National Telecommuter
The Credit Underwriter 4 is an experienced professional role which integrates in-depth specialty knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices; demonstrates good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub function/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- The Credit Underwriter 4
- Perform credit decisions and appraisal analysis on conventional loan files within business service level agreements.
- Review and analyze loan applications, credit reports, appraisals, income, and asset documentation according to agency and non-agency guidelines and mortgage regulations.
- Effectively communicate and explain credit decisions to loan officers and processors.
- Perform timely reviews of conditions submitted as well as loan re-submissions.
- Maintain credit quality and production standards as defined by business.
- Provide a remarkable customer service experience to both internal staff and external customers.
- Actively cooperate and interact with all entities of Citigroup.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience underwriting agency, non-agency, Frontline, Jumbo ,Mortgage Insurance loans and appraisals- preferred
- Experience and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC ,and Private Mortgage insurance property and credit underwriting guidelines. $1MM signing authority
- Strong understanding of complicated transactions and tax return analysis.
- Experience effectively and independently making credit decisions and providing underwriting support to other business functions.
- Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making, and computer skills required.
- Knowledge and experience reviewing mortgage applications according to the US mortgage regulations.
- High school diploma.
- Degree preferred.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting