Ref #: 27976
Functional Area: Trade Support
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Newport Beach
Date published: 10-Jan-2020About Us: We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. PIMCO is one of the worlds premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Portfolio Associate Team Overview
Portfolio Associate team members help to oversee the portfolios on a day to day basis and liaise directly with Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Trade Associate teams across the firms global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates primary functions will consist of monitoring risk exposures across portfolios, sizing trades to take risk measures to portfolio managers desired target and managing all other operational aspects of the portfolio. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
Position Development Value:
Location: Newport Beach, CA.
· Provide support to Senior Portfolio associates as well as the Portfolio Management team
· Assisting Portfolio Managers with daily allocating and tagging of trades across equity, rates and foreign exchange.
· Generating risk, performance and other reports daily
· Conducting performance and attribution analyses
· Responding to ad hoc requests from the Portfolio Management teamPosition Requirements:
· Strong academic background in a technical field from a leading, accredited college or university
· Some understanding of fixed income, equities, and derivatives.
· Outstanding communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
· Excel power user - SQL, VBA and programming skills are preferred
· Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
· Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environmentBenefits: PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include: