VOTED TOP WORKPLACE 2018 & 2019
HORIZON ANALYTICS IS OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Who we are:
Pacific Mercantile Bank is unique from other business banks. While other banks are in the loan and deposit business, we are in the solutions business. We help companies navigate the challenges of growth, restructure, and the inevitable unexpected events. We take the time to understand the business and the business owners objectives. We finance growth opportunities by providing innovative and customized banking solutions with a full range of loans, deposit and cash management products and services for our clients long-term success. We are dedicated to our mission Helping companies succeed.
What you bring to PMB:
You enjoy making a difference everyday by creating and maintaining client relationships. You have experience working with clients and prospective clients to identify banking needs. You have a passion for learning and coaching by providing leadership and training to less experienced loan officers and staff members. You also have an aptitude for analyzing and assessing the financial condition and credit risk within the framework of Bank credit culture and current economic trends.
Heres what youll do:
The Business Development Officer is an integral team member who is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of the most complex commercial loans. This position develops business deposit relationships with clients, and promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good client relations. Serves as a liaison between the client and appropriate staff to ensure a seamless experience. Assists in attaining established Bank, region, and financial center goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs, and is expected to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced loan officers and other staff members.
Essential Job Duties
· Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in creating and maintaining a results driven positive sales environment. Seeks out, actively participates in and applies education related to Bank products and services.
· Works with clients and prospective clients to identify banking needs. Collects information required to evaluate their creditworthiness and service requirements.
· Performs assessment and analysis of financial condition and credit risk within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
· Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present loan recommendations for approval; meets with existing or potential clients; visits existing and potential clients places of business and/or properties offered as collateral; negotiates loan terms and conditions; refers and recommends loan approval to the appropriate authority.
· Distills relevant client financial and industry information, prepares client presentation material as appropriate. Able to communicate any relative client related critical issues and/or challenges.
· Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, client needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from clients; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements and delegated authority. Tracks portfolio loans for compliance with loan covenants and for changes in credit risk. Works closely with the Regional Offices in situations that require addressing a credit issue.
· Reinforces the application of superior client service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved clients and employees.
· Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Banks image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
· Focuses on generating loans, deposits, and operating companies in C&I, ABL, and Owner-Occupied Real Estate.
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
What you need for this position
· Bachelors degree preferred.
· Minimum of fifteen (15) years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Work related experience should consist of a financial analysis or lending background.
· Advanced expertise, experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
· Advanced expertise, experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
· Demonstrated success in client acquisition, retention, and client relationship expansion.
Whats in it for you
· Competitive salary.
· Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO, dental, and vision.
· Life/AD&D & Long Term Disability Benefits.
· Flexible spending accounts (FSA) Dependent Care and/or Medical Reimbursement.
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
· Tuition Reimbursement.
· Matching 401(K).
· Vacation Benefits
· Personal Days (PTO) personal holidays.
· Paid Bank Observed Holidays.
· Wellness Program.
· We even celebrate your hire anniversary date by giving you the day off!
The best part, youll be partnering with a team of empowered professionals who lead by example and who reinforce strong values through collaboration, trust and the celebration of success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning, transgender, national origin, color, disability, or protected veteran status.