Director of Finance
🌎 English English (United Kingdom) Espaol Portugus (Brasil) ()
This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Commercial Finance Director New 📅 1 day ago Post Date 📅 202228 Requisition # Apply for Job Share this Job
In this era of disruptive digital transformation, delivering new and innovative customer experiences is a top priority for businesses worldwide. At Experian, a worldwide decisioning leader, our Decision Analytics group makes this a reality by uniting data, advanced analytics and decision strategies with real-time operational execution and strong decision governance to deliver meaningful customer outcomes and positive business results.
Our Decision Analytics (DA) group is seeking to hire a dynamic Finance Director. The Director is responsible for business partnering/finance decision support for the DA business, reporting directly to the VP of Finance. The successful candidate will be a key business partner to the leadership of DA, and will promote high performance, drive accountability, enhance quality, and design processes and metrics that create visibility and enable the DA organization to meet its objectives. Additionally, the Director works closely with the Sales Leadership team to drive new revenue generation, provide thoughtful analysis, forward-looking insight and ongoing visibility to sales performance metrics
- Partner with the DA management team, to optimize financial performance across all facets of the business
- Lead finance staff and business unit management to standardize and improve performance measures and analytical methods, to ensure integrity of information and to ensure the use of performance measures that are meaningful to senior management
- Drive the output from all divisional planning processes including monthly forecast, monthly KPI reviews, annual budget, mid-year forecast and strategic plan. Budgeting and forecasting must be backed by well-researched assumptions and positions sizing risks and opportunities.
- Oversee the development, preparation, and presentation of both short- and long-range financial budgets and forecasts.
- Manage preparation of monthly reporting packs, quarterly trading announcement, Q&A support material and plc board submissions for global and regional executives
- Plan and support broad financial analysis assignments, including but not restricted to investment cases, acquisitions, product profitability and pricing analysis (leveraging the FP&A resource pool to support these assignments).
- Develop insightful management presentations, which identify major variance drivers, external trends, lead indicators and risks and opportunities
- Work closely with business unit management and finance teams, regional and global finance teams and relevant functional teams, including sales, delivery, and technology and development functions
- Develop strong relationships with executives and others within and outside the finance department, and maintain open flow of communication, thus enabling deep knowledge of current events in the business
- Drive the financial analysis process with full comprehension of key performance indicators, operating trends and performance assessment.
- Consult, support and at times push back on business leaders, helping them analyze and diagnose the key performance indicators (KPI's) and productivity metrics that they need in order to manage, trade off and optimize their operational results over time.
- Manage the Companys capital planning and appropriation process
- Support M&A activity as appropriate, to ensure financial models reflect appropriate risk and return.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of progressive management and leadership experience in finance including a minimum of 5+ years supporting a Business Unit, Division or company with Sales partnership experience. Additional experience includes:
- Progressive experience in commercial finance, business partnering, financial analysis, management reporting, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, pricing and project management.
- Ideal candidate has worked with companies in transition and is comfortable with fast change, quick decisions and uncertainty.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, systematically appraise and verify the accuracy of accounting/financial records and interpret the data in order to draw sound conclusions.
- An executive that leads and empowers people, removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for their team with the ability to adapt style as necessary.
- Dynamic individual with demonstrated performance in partnering finance with other functions in driving gains in business performance.
- High attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve results through delegation across owned and shared resources.
- Execution-oriented individual with an eye toward planning, directing and building toward a desired outcome as opposed to sustaining status quo.
- Proven ability to assist in the development of systems to define performance benchmarks, reduce costs, and improve financial performance.
- Strong leadership ability, with the capacity to balance empathy with determination, staunchly defending a strategic direction while considering the position of others.
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
Experian is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2019 was $4.8 billion. Experian employs over 17,000 people across 44 countries.
- Competitive base salary
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies. EEO Including Disability/Veterans Refer a Friend
Know someone who would be perfect for this role? Experian employees can refer a friend for an open role by clicking on the Recommend This Job button and choosing Grab a referral link (you must be logged in to do this). Once you have copied the link you can share it with your friend via email or social media. When your friend applies to the role using the link you provided, you will be captured as the referring employee. Simple as that!
External candidates can also share an open role with a friend by clicking on the Share this Job button.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Experian Jobs. All rights reserved. | | |