Senior Software Engineer
- Dublin, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Oct 17 2017-10-24
Senior Software Engineer
Franklin Templeton International Services India Pvt. Ltd (FTISPL) is the Indian Services wing of Franklin Templeton Inc, one of the Top Global Investment Management Company committed to offering High Quality Products and providing outstanding services to our customers who are individuals, institutions, pensioners, trusts, partnership firms and other clients. FTISPL at Hyderabad offers various IT /Business related service and support. It stands as a key business enabler of world-wide operations for Franklin Templeton Investment.
Our vision is to be a premier global investment management organization by offering high quality investment solutions, providing outstanding service and attracting, motivating and retaining talented individuals.
This position is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate to take on a challenging role as production support coordinator, and provide production support for MW applications, components and MW clients.
The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for architecting, designing, building and supporting implementation activities related to medium to large application development . This role is responsible to provide technical expertise, as well as, participate in all facets of the System Development Life Cycle and assist partner teams. The role is also responsible for ensuring that all technical standards are adhered to.
- Provide production support, including on-call support as required. Gathering data / generating reports using UNIX commands / shell scripts from application logs. Root cause analysis for production issues. Troubleshooting issues on all test environments.
- Actively participates in the implementation of complex projects/software products, the development of custom applications and in major enhancements to existing systems.
- Performs application coding and programming. Conducts design and code reviews.
- Interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
- Defines and validates non-functional (technical) requirements
- Active participation in structured technical and functional walkthroughs of specifications and programming logic.
- Coordinates the design activities with the development team (both internal and vendors), including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensure that requirements are met and technology standards are followed.
- Develops high and low level application design artifacts including process flows, data model and interfaces based on maintenance, operations, and performance standards. Ensures all technical deliverables are consistent with architectural standards & guidelines.
- Develops and evaluates prototypes and proof of concepts
- Develops unit and integration testing approach, documents test scripts & conducts unit & integration testing.
- Plans and coordinates implementation activities.
- Initiates and manages the infrastructure related processes and coordinates with internal departments including areas such as but not limited to: infrastructure, hardware, networking, information security and database engineering on defining the application deployment architecture and environment.
- Provides support and guidance to the development team during the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation and post production support phases.
- Defines and documents the environment usage strategy for various project phases working with other AD teams
- Participate in technology roadmap discussions pertaining to assigned applications
- Develops and presents relevant data, information and solution options to senior leadership
- Identifies, recommends and implements system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to applications.
- Participates and leads production support and trouble shooting for assigned applications to meet standard SLAs.
- Works with software vendors to resolve issues
- Create and maintain disaster recovery scripts/plans and participates in annual disaster recovery exercise.
- Demonstrates the appropriate sense of urgencies in analyzing, assessing and resolving production issues.
- Escalates and provides timely and clear status to management
- Lead general system maintenance and upgrades (version upgrades, server refreshes, etc.)
- Prepare for and perform production deployments following release management standards.
- Proactively monitors and assess the overall system health check (performance, capacity, scalability) and provides recommendations to management
- Mentors & trains Software Engineers and Associate Software engineers within the team to foster collaboration and teamwork
- Proactively studies available functionality of core products and learns of the functionality of upcoming versions.
- Keeps abreast of overall industry trends and enterprise initiatives.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications, products, new technologies and practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 4 years experience in specific application domain space.
- Exposure to Middleware Environments & Integration Technology
- Considerable experience in integrating application in a complex global environment.
- Comprehensive technology industry knowledge and insights
- In-depth knowledge of the specific application technologies and standards. Has knowledge of technical infrastructure, networking, and system operations. Has knowledge of hardware capacity planning and high availability solutions.
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD).
- Strong Coding skills in Core Java.
- Strong skills in J2EE,JMS, RESTful services etc..
- Development experience in J2EE Technologies. Preferably WebLogic as platform.
- Strong in J2EE Design patterns and frameworks.
- Well conversant with UNIX/LINUX platform.
- Strong in Object oriented design
- Abilities to interface with business teams (patience & communicate w/non-technical audience)
- Exposure to WebSphere Services Registry & Repository (WSRR)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Relational / Object Oriented database technologies
- In-depth business knowledge with five years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to lead a team of junior staff, consultant, and outsourcing vendor at geographically different location
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employees dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees' families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)