Senior Software Engineer
- Dublin, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Senior Software Engineer
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for coordinating the design activities with the application development team (which includes Software Engineers and vendors) in build, test and implementation activities related to medium to large application development. This role is responsible for guiding and coordinating design activities as well as participates in all facets of the System Development Life Cycle (i.e., interpret business requirements, scope level of effort & costs, develop and document design & technical specifications, develop project plans, perform unit and integration testing, implement solutions, configuration management and train users). The role is also responsible for ensuring adherence to technical standards. This role provides production support for applications, perform code reviews/audit, identifies opportunities for improvements to maximize efficiency as well as promotes development best practices.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the implementation of complex projects/software products, the development of custom applications and in major enhancements to existing systems.
- Perform application coding and programming. Conduct design and code reviews.
- Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
- Define and validate non-functional (technical) requirements
- Coordinate the design activities with the development team (both internal and vendors), detailed design specifications to ensure that requirements are met and technology standards are followed.
- Develop high and low level application design artifacts including process flows, data model and interfaces based on maintenance, operations, and performance standards.
- Ensure all technical deliverables are consistent with architectural standards & guidelines.
- Develop unit and integration testing approach, documents test scripts & conducts unit & integration testing.
- Plan and coordinate implementation activities.
- Create project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and technology organization's best practices
- Provide support / guidance to the development team during the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation and post production support phases.
- Define and document the environment usage strategy for various project phases working with other AD teams
- Participate in technology roadmap discussions pertaining to assigned applications
- Develops and presents relevant data, information and solution options to senior leadership
- Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to applications.
- Participate and lead production support and troubleshooting for assigned applications to meet standard SLAs.
- Demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency in analyzing, assessing and resolving production issues. Escalate and provide timely and clear status to management
- Proactively monitor and assess the overall system health check (performance, capacity, scalability) and provides recommendations to management
- Provide guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices
- Mentor & train Software Engineers and Associate Software engineers within the team to foster collaboration and teamwork
- Keep abreast of overall industry trends and enterprise initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in specific application domain space.
- Deep technical knowledge of specific application technologies space (i.e. Cisco Information Server, Informatica, Oracle and UNIX).
- Good knowledge on Data Integration and Data services
- Considerable experience in integrating application in a complex global environment.
- In-depth business knowledge with five years of experience in the financial industry.
- Comprehensive technology industry knowledge and insights
- Must have played a technical/ lead/architect role for 2-3 years with 2 full cycle of major application implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of the specific application technologies and standards. Has knowledge of technical infrastructure, networking, and system operations. Has knowledge of hardware capacity planning and high availability solutions.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.