Senior Fraud Investigator
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Sr Fraud Investigator Location US-CA-El Monte
Job ID 2020-7797
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Fraud Investigator. The Senior Fraud Investigator reports directly to the Fraud Investigations Assistant Manager or Fraud Investigations Team Lead. The Senior Fraud Investigator will be responsible for investigating more complex suspected fraud events and mitigating loss exposure. Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to adapt to changing priorities, analytical and focused with the ability to analyze documents and reports. May be required to support junior level investigators.
- Investigate suspected fraud events and reduce potential loss exposure by being compliant with applicable policies and procedures
- Review detection reports that monitor suspicious activity
- Conduct analysis and research of account activity to assess levels of risk and detect fraudulent activity
- Utilize bank systems, resources, policies and procedures to evaluate accounts and situations that may require unique treatment and a specialized approach
- Interview victims, witnesses and/or suspects in order to obtain details of an incident
- Recommend actions related to the accounts and relationships
- Prepare written investigative summaries for Senior Management
- Provide guidance to business partners to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate losses and loss exposure
- Provide mentoring, training and guidance to junior investigators
- Create and submit appropriate internal and external reporting of suspicious/fraudulent activity
- Assist department staff with daily work as necessary to keep department responsibilities within service level agreements
- Identify inaccuracies, inefficiencies or deviations and work with Fraud Investigations Assistant Manager or Fraud Investigations Team Lead to address
- May assist with validation testing for various departmental risk processes and technological upgrades
- Meet departmental goals satisfactorily
- In depth risk analysis and decision making involved
- Operate with minimal supervision and may need to exercise independent judgement in completing assignments
- Review designer procedures to ensure such are up to date and in compliance with EWB established policies
- Evaluates and analyzes current processes and provides recommendations as needed
- At least 3 years of previous fraud investigations experience preferably within banking
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Assists in preparing for various audits and projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Alternative combination of education and experience: Associate degree or 5 years of banking center or investigative experience
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS