Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Position Title: Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
What we need:
Cetera Financial Group is looking for Sr. Accountant candidates who have a minimum of 3 years of accounting and financial reporting experience. Experience from a "Big 4" accounting firm or within a SEC Reporting role a plus.
What you will do:
What you need to have
- Prepare consolidated audited financial statements, footnotes and disclosures ensuring compliance with US GAAP and Broker/Dealer regulatory requirements.
- Prepare audited subsidiary financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly unaudited consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare general ledger-based reports for management reporting.
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Prepare fluctuation analyses that summarize and compare financial results to ensure reasonableness in relation to historical results, market trends and budget expectations.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis on accounting issues in support of special projects or requests from business areas.
- Prepare quarterly analysis for equity compensation plan.
- Assist with the preparation of various corporate and consolidated processes including annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment analyses.
- Perform independent valuations for business, tangible and intangible assets and financial instruments including equity and debt securities by working with financial models including discounted cash flow.
- Support the external audit process.
- Assist with finance department transformation initiatives as needed.
What we give you in return
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA, Masters degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
- Experience dealing with technical reporting matters.
- Skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; ability to resolves a wide range of issues. Competent knowledge of FASB reporting requirements, accounting principles, tax reporting, and practices.
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles.
- Proficiency with Oracle ERP systems, Microsoft Office suite of products; advanced MS Excel skills. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, strict confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
: Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years. About Cetera Financial Group:
® ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions. Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology. "" refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, , , , and . Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law. Please Note:
Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of Cetera unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees. Primary Location:
US-CA-El Segundo Work Locations: Job:
Finance and Accounting Organization:
Cetera Financial Group Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Feb 5, 2020, 8:12:40 PM