Accounting Manager Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Accounting-Manager_2020-78-6/apply
Scope and Responsibilities
The Corporate Accounting Department at Oaktree is seeking an Accounting Manager with a focus on operational accounting and financial systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of operational and management accounting for the Companys operating entities, including accounts payable, G&A expense, cash reconciliations, and general ledger account analysis;
- Coordinate fund billing and collections with the accounts payable department and fund accounting teams;
- Prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a quarterly basis;
- Maintain the Companys chart of accounts. Ensure compliance, provide training and maintain changes to policy;
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing financial systems, including the general ledger and consolidation system;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly management reporting;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews; and
- Perform certain key internal control processes.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in accounting, preferably 2 or more years public accounting;
- Strong knowledge of operational accounting, account analysis, and financial systems;
- Specific experience with BPC and Workday systems a plus;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful candidate must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions;
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve;
- Must be a team player with strong work ethic; and
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (and/or equivalent experience). CPA a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-78
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.