Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Administrative-Assistant--Corporate-Services_2020-74/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Corporate Services department.
- Providing administrative support to the Department Head and other team members as required, including:
- Arranging travel, scheduling meetings and assisting with expense reporting;
- Serving as rollover coverage for Department Head and Corporate Services main phone lines;
- Creating professional and high-quality presentation materials for meetings and projects;
- Other administrative tasks as required;
- Department administration:
- Open Projects: ensuring team members update documents on a timely and accurate basis; helping clarify definitions and ensure consistent use, producing bi-weekly reports or as needed;
- Oaktree Central: conducting routine audits of firm-wide intranet to ensure content is current and accurate, coordinating with content owners as necessary on updates. Assisting with Today at Oaktree updates as required;
- Scheduling: maintaining department shared calendar, including vacation requests/holidays;
- Department distribution lists: maintaining all department distribution lists and ensuring proper access controls are in place;
- Department event planning, including onsite meeting, team-building activities, or other special events as required;
- Travel administration:
- Overseeing monthly invoice packet process, coordinating with Executive Assistants and aircraft vendors to ensure on-time payments, assisting with calendaring/scheduling of private planes and obtaining vendor quotes to support the competitive bidding policy;
- Developing, managing and completing small-sized projects using Corporate Services project management toolkit with sponsors.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting a department within a professional services firm;
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks; and
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- Responsible with a strong sense of dedication;
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints;
- Has outstanding organization skills with high attention-to-detail; and
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Bachelors degree is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull time2020-74
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.