Assistant Vice President, Web and Mobile Application Development Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Assistant-Vice-President--Web-and-Mobile-Application-Development_2020-83/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, this position will be part of the IT Application Development team.
- Working directly with managers and business users on documenting business and functional requirements;
- Conducting project meetings and facilitating collaborative discussions;
- Independently managing small to medium size projects;
- Following industry standard development and deployment processes (SDLC, DevOps, version control);
- Defining, coordinating, and executing QA tests against business requirements before delivery to business units;
- Establishing SLAs when needed;
- Working closely with IT specialists to ensure 24/7 availability and optimal performance of applications;
- Staying abreast of new vulnerabilities and uses knowledge in security to protect applications and data;
- Participating in architecting and designing applications using cloud and mobile-first approach;
- Leveraging SaaS and PaaS services such as App Services, Mobile Services, and Hybrid services from Azure;
- Coding and development of reports, cloud and mobile applications;
- Managing work of offshore team including but not limited to code review and daily meetings; and
- Assisting manager in project management, firm goals and IT initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably within the financial services industry supporting applications;
- 4+ years of project and process management experience;
- Managing offshore teams;
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities;
- Experience working with SharePoint, Excel and Office 365;
- Knowledge of technologies and products such as .NET Core, SQL Server, and SQL Azure;
- Knowledge of developing reports and applications using Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio and SSRS;
- Knowledge of developing native iOS mobile apps preferably using Xamarin and Xcode; and
- Knowledge of CI/CD using Azure DevOps is plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-initiated with a proven ability to work independently;
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism;
- Collaborative, with the ability to work with architects, designers, and other developers to develop and deploy high quality applications and services; and
- Hard-working with strong dedication to the position and company.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science is required. Ideal candidate may also possess an MBA and/or MS in Computer Science.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-83
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.