Fixed Income Trader Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Fixed-Income-Trader_2020-46/apply
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Fixed Income Trader will be part of the Liquid Fixed Income strategy at Oaktree Capital Management and will work directly with the portfolio manager to construct and manage investment portfolios across all fixed income asset classes including, but not limited to, government securities, corporate credit, agency securities, asset-backed securities, securitized products, and other credit market products.
- Monitoring new issue activity in the primary market for each asset class;
- Executing all secondary market trading for the strategy on a daily basis;
- Constructing client portfolios with the portfolio manager to adhere to client mandates and constraints for a diverse group of commingled and separately managed accounts;
- Reviewing portfolio statistics and risk on an ongoing basis with the portfolio manager to ensure that the portfolio positioning reflects current market views;
- Working with the portfolio managers on strategy marketing initiatives and materials;
- Collaborating with other fixed income traders at the firm in efforts at securing best execution for the Oaktree platform; and
- Communicating with clients when needed on current market trends and technicals.
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years of experience in the capital markets trading fixed income products;
- Advanced proficiency in government and corporate credit products, including investment grade, high yield bonds, and leveraged loans;
- Proficient in trading agency, asset-backed, securitized products, and other credit market products;
- Proficient in basic options and derivatives products across asset classes;
- Strong business writing and communication skills; and
- Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to think critically about business fundamental, current events, politics, and global economic trends;
- Self-starter with a proven desire to learn and an ability to take initiative;
- Outstanding follow-up and organizational skills with a strong attention-to-detail;
- Strong ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks;
- Hard-working with strong dedication to the position and company; and
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-46
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.