Associate, Americas Institutional Marketing, Strategy & Research Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Associate--Marketing_2020-4/apply
We are looking to hire an individual who will report to the Head of Americas Institutional Marketing (AIM) to aid in further enhancing and developing internal reporting, analytics and business strategy for the Marketing Department. This candidate will be responsible for helping the Head of AIM execute on all of the teams initiatives and will work alongside the Marketing Reps and the Global Marketing Strategy & Research team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate AIM sales pipeline and fundraising performance across funds and complete reporting for management
- Manage product campaign calendars and work with administrators in Marketing and portfolio management to track and report on regional roadshows
- Work with Salesforce team to generate management and rep reports for the Head of AIM (e.g. fundraising, pipeline, meeting activity)
- Help construct annual fundraising targets by strategy and channel for the AIM region
- Create and maintain system to manage RFP inbound activity
- Create internal presentation materials in connection with AIM business plans, fundraising and other initiatives
- Conduct market research and data manipulation, extraction and analysis from external databases, including, but not limited to Preqin, eVestment, FinSearch, Morningstar, Lipper;
- Ensure client and prospect feedback is captured in our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure up to date data.
- Liaise with regional strategy and research team members to ensure global coordination of department and firm initiatives
- Perform other tasks and project work as assigned by the Head of AIM
- At least 2-3 years of experience at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company is required
- Strong analytical background and project management skills
- Familiarity with key databases including Salesforce, FinSearches, Preqin, eVestment and Market Lens
- Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record working with individuals across various disciplines including Marketing, product specialists, portfolio managers, and IT teams to understand and define reporting requirements
- Experience analyzing financial data and metrics with sufficient familiarity to recognize potential issues
- Experience coordinating fundraising efforts and roadshows a plus
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts, ideas and processes
- Passion for understanding databases and systems and improving processes
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Resourceful, team-oriented and collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism
Bachelors degree required with a minimum GPA of 3.5. Registration as a FINRA licensed representative a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-4
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.