Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
The Associate works closely with senior sales professionals and relationship managers, providing day to day support in their sales and relationship management goals. Associates have a comprehensive knowledge of their teams assigned territory business plans, client service plans and marketing campaigns. Associates are product generalists as they may support sales teams specializing in assets classes or teams that are product generalists.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide sales and relationship management support. Individuals in this position will also engage in intermittent travel to covered territory and may have direct responsibility for a subset of the client base with typical focus on smaller clients with straightforward service needs. In addition to territory coverage, travel and attendance at industry conferences, they will occasionally provide coverage for clients in other regions as a back-up.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Partner with designated senior sales and relationship managers by providing follow-up and sales/relationship management support.
- Coordinate targeted outreach campaigns to clients and prospects.
- Assist in sales and cross selling initiatives and transactions with senior managers.
- Review industry publications such as iiSearches and FundFire on a daily basis to stay informed on industry trends and opportunities.
- Proficiently utilize applications such as Sales Force, eVestment Alliance, MMD and Preqin for meeting preparation, activity & pipeline capture, to run competitive analysis of products.
- Responsible for some smaller relationships with straightforward service needs with a focus on asset retention.
- Responsible for effectively partnering with colleagues across channels and affiliate investment firms to promote one
Team value system and serve shared clients effectively.
- Contributes to overall Institutional team with sales and client service ideas, best practices and learned industry knowledge.
- Responsible for a core competence of Nuveen products and the Nuveen story.
- Coordinate or participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree; FINRA Series 7, 63 required (or need to be obtained)
- Minimum of three years of financial services industry experience. Minimum of 1 year in a relationship management or sales support capacity with a Financial Services firm.
- Strong financial services business acumen and experience required. Specifically this associate must have an understanding of the Institutional marketplace, understanding of the Nuveen products, organizational goals and structure.
- 5 years of financial services industry experience, with background in the institutional marketplace.
- Interest in pursuing MBA, CFA, or CAIA.
- Background in institutional sales or relationship management preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible and highly adaptable.
- Able to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
All locationsMy Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.My Submissions
Track your opportunities.© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
EARLY TALENTStart your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
WHY TIAAWe are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.CAREER AREAS
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.LOCATIONS
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.OUR BENEFITS
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCEMeet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you.2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.1 0