Senior Consultant, Enterprise Resource Planning ( Erp )
1000 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, California, 90017
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Senior Consultant to develop and maintain our ERP solution line with the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ ERP solution line applies practical solutions and proven methods to help our clients achieve their business goals through efficient and informed application of ERP technology
Our clients’ ERP projects range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond a year. Our client services include software selections, NetSuite implementations, platform strategy work, and NEXT ERP Transformation projects.
- We are looking for candidates with 3-5 years of experience providing ERP leadership and support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational technical initiatives. Candidates should also have experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and vertical practices).
- Successful candidates will have experience in/participate in the following types of activities:
- Hands on functional knowledge of at least one ERP solution (knowledge of mid-market ERP landscape a plus)
- Must have been an active team member on at least 2 full-cycle ERP implementations
- Functional knowledge within the following areas: Lead to Close, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Produce, Record to Report, Recruit to Retire (any other industry specific knowledge is a plus (e.g., TMS, WMS, PSA, EAM, etc.))
- Software Selection and Platform Strategy experience is a plus
- Organize and coordinate client and WMP functional teams (i.e., demonstrate core project management skills)
- Coordinate with WMP change management teams
Enable client-specific ERP requirements:
- Understand and document client processes and requirement
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state business process and requirements
- Identify gaps in system functionality, compared to client’s requirements
- Translate requirements into ERP configurations, depending on software
- Tailor WMP’s ERP methodology to specific client needs
- Identify and coordinate data conversion and interfaces
- Lead user testing and acceptance
- Enterprise Resource Planning Senior Consultants at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Fulfill relevant Project Manager duties, including managing overall project plan and managing of the project financials
- Oversee and own deliverable development
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to the ERP methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to ERP
- Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Participate in our business development process as a subject matter expert
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, Management/Business, Information Technology, MIS, etc.)
- 2+ years of “hands on” ERP configuration and/or use
- 3-5+ years of progressive experience in understanding and configuring ERP systems (any)
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal ERP/IT group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer
- Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.